1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Fall 2010)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The final was crazy boring, also agree that there were not a lot of memorable contestants however I don't watch for the characters but for the locales and challenges.

It was nice to see them back in Africa and venture in to Bangladesh.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the All-Stars edition next; the Cowboys are back!

If I'm the EP of the revamped CBS Morning Show, I sign the Home Shopping Girls to a contract, pronto. They have great chemistry together and are sure-fire TV hits in the making.

As for this season, I thought it sucked ass. About the only interesting thing was at the school in Africa, when all the teams kept walking past the clue on the wall. Last night's epi was very lame, especially the crane jump -- which had no tension whatsoever.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I was thinking last night about how the final leg used to involve challenge after challenge after challenge, and the teams would think they were done, only to end up somewhere else and having to do something else. There would be about five obstacles in a normal episode, but eight or nine in the final leg.

Then they just went to trying to have people remember where they've been and it softened up.

For the All-Stars, they should really throw the book at 'em. I'm still waiting for a trip to Antarctica. Can't be that hard, can it?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You know how lots of people on this board hope Athlete A tears his ACL, gets AIDS, or something else equally awful? Typically, I roll my eyes at that, but I found myself feeling that way for the home shopping whores. Especially the blonde. My God. That bitch never STFU. I even skipped a few episodes in the middle because of those two. And now they're going to be on the All Star season? Wonderful.

I could watch the watermelon-to-the-face scene all day. I wish it would have happened to the blonde, but I'll take it.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

No, they aren't. The montage of teams in the preview for the next cycle included at least 20 teams - only 11 are competing. Claire (the brunette) is pregnant, so they won't be in that group.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, that was sneaky. If the cowboys and Globies aren't in this season, I'll be pissed.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so being annoying to you makes them a bitch and a whore? ::)

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

co-sign

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The list hasn't officially been released yet, but Jet and Cord and Flight Time and Big Easy are in.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

They used to do a two-hour season finale as well, so they could cram more challenges in. I also remember the days of a two-hour season premiere, but those are long-gone.

We also never had a to be continued.... leg this season. The second half of those are always fun to see exactly how loopy they get when they have been up for two or three days.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

you whore bitch

Draft saved Draft deleted