1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Fall 2010)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Princeton boys were annoying as hell. The singing at the end was terminal. Good riddance.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I may be the only one watching the show, but why were the tatooed pair not required to perform the Speed Bump task? Or why was it edited out of the show without explanation?

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm still watching. From what I saw on another forum, someone who is FB friends with Nick said he said that they determined that one of their previous attempts on the detour was correct, so they were given a time credit and not required to perform a Speed Bump.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But why wasn't that explained on last night's show? Very odd.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

How many Emmys does this show need to win before the cheapskate producers will show us the world in HD?
    Even Rick Steves is shot in HD, for goodness sakes.
    And they're still paying $1 million?
    Cheap, cheap, cheap.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I am 50 years old.
    The closest I ever came to driving a stick was in a "celebrity" race at a local dirt track.
    (The clutch burned out before I left the starting line on the first car I was given. Still not sure if that was my fault).
    So, effectively, I've never driven a stick on the street.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the HD isn't because of the cost but the camera guy flies solo with each team and you need two people to run them or something like that.

And many thanks to Oakland going into OT. Even with the show set to record for two hours, we still missed the final five minutes. Had to find an online recap last night to see who got tossed.

I think Kat and Nat win. They're smart, they're athletic and they seem to be willing to do anything. Even a vegetarian eating meat.

8. Wenders

That makes sense. Especially if you're in a tuk-tuk, there ain't a lot of extra space for passengers and equipment.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

HD is coming ...

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1131632p1.html

10. Wenders

I'm so glad Nat and Kat won. It was easily one of the most solid legs they ran. (How did no one know that Sancho Panza was Don Quixote's sidekick?!)

Really excited for TAR All-Stars. I don't know who I want to win more: the Cowboys, the Globetrotters or Mike and Mel White. :D

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had never heard of Sancho Panza. Course, I've never read Don Quixote.

I kind of wanted the HSN/QVC/whatever girls to win. Their annoyingness grew on me.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I was rooting for the home shopping hosts, but more importantly, that had to be the most boring finale in TAR history. The challenges were ridiculously easy for a final leg and none were anywhere close to tough enough to allow one group even a chance to catch up and pass another. It was pretty much all about cab rides. They should be embarrassed that after the float decorating none of the teams ever saw each other again until the finish line.

This was a very boring season. I probably saw less than half of the episodes. The casting was horrible. Brooke was the only memorable character the whole season, and in other years should would have been reduced to a bit part.

Draft saved Draft deleted