1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Fall 2010)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 10, 2010.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

didn't take long to discover the biggest dick of this season - hello chad. katie and rachel get the couples nod for being dicks.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No one in my family has driven a stick shift in the time I've been alive. The only friend who did who lived within 50 miles of me didn't want to teach me on his truck.

What's so confusing?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Let me rephrase, if you will....

I have a hard time understanding how anyone my age (or their parents for that matter) have never driven a stick shift. Then again, maybe I'm overestimating how many cars were stick shift during the 80s. Perhaps because I grew up surrounded by people whose cars were manual. My parents always had manual transmission cars. My first car was a stick shift. All my friends and relatives drove stick shifts when I was growing up.

I'm sure that tints my view on the subject.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yeah, during his little speech on how he's going to be smarter than everyone because *HE* went to Notre Dame (um, dude, we have a Stanford undergrad who has a Master's degree...or we did...and two guys from Princeton. But congrats on that sense of superiority) I was secretly wishing that his beauty school girlfriend had smacked him on the back of the head and told him to STFU.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm 42 and don't know how to drive stick and neither does my mom. Only one of my friends has a car with a manual transmission and as far as I know, she's the only one I know who knows how to drive stick. I'd be willing to learn, but don't know anyone who has a car I can learn on.

You can be damn sure, though, that if I were going on TAR, I'd learn. ;D

I'm also pretty good with a map, but I'd be brushing up on my map skills, too. The guys who lost didn't seem to have any sense of urgency and didn't seem so hot with the mapreading either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Are Nat and Kat very "special" friends, the TAR editing team seems out to make the viewing public think that.

Good start. The melon in the face was so hysterical, even though I had already seen it courtesy of the Soup, I laughed and laughed and then put the DVR in reverse to watch it again.

The best part was her partner screaming to put it in the "kisser" and then have the melon backfire and nail her in the face.

Great, great teevee, but no team has emerged as the early favorite, even though the volleyball girls seem a little bitchy.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And the fact that Phil baited her with the question at the end tells me she was well-established as a dope with the producers. He doesn't ask people if they know what country they are in. I can see them going, "Hey Phil, ask her if she even knows she's in England! That'll be hilarious!"

Lots of eye candy this season. I am hoping for many tasks involving bikinis.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Me thinks there are trying very hard for that all-female team champion.
    Or maybe they're going Survivor on us.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This seem like the year an all-female team will win.

They no longer bring on teams of two alpha males and most of the men this year seem incapable of winning.

My money is on the volleyball players. I like the doctors, too.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The lack of activity on this thread shows how bland the contestants are this season.

Was that the lamest speed bump ever? Sitting on ice chairs for 10 minutes at the same place they picked up the clue? Please.

At least in the past team's have had some travel time surrounding their unchallenging speed bump.

Let me get this right, you finish last by two hours, are sent to the airport at the same time as every other team, and are penalized a whole 10 minutes?

Way too easy.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, if I remember right, they had an easier speed bump last season (or was it the season before?) when the tattooed kid and his dad sat and drank in a massage bus/sauna for 15 minutes with Scandinavian women.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yeah, they definitely used to have much more difficult penalties on non-elim legs...like when they used to take ALL of your possessions, except your passport and Amazing Fanny Pack.

I was sad to see the Princeton boys go. They were really amusing.

Also Stupid Moment of the Night last night goes to Nick, who asked his Ghanaian taxi driver to drive him to the Arctic Circle. These two never played Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego? did they?

I thought it was interesting seeing what happens to the Ice Hotel during the summer. They went there before in midwinter and the contestants had to slide a shotglass (made out of ice) to a certain place on the bar.

Draft saved Draft deleted