1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race (Fall 2010)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TAR fans, have you seen the promo video CBS released?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Love this show. Can't wait for its return.

IJAG, you going to set up another pool?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I can't see the video. I that the video where the women gets drilled in the face by the watermelon? Funny but brutal.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yup, that'd be the clip.

We've got another beauty queen...at least the one this time around never made any remarks about maps on national television.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Since she was obviously well enough to talk afterward, I didn't feel as bad for laughing.

Also, her teammate's half-shrug after saying "You have to finish!" was awesome.

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

That is hilarious. I am so ready for this show to start.

7. Wenders

There are a lot of really stupid people on this season, especially Vicki, the tattooed girl. Her elevator just does not go all the way up.

Was impressed with the doctors. Am curious if her diabetes will ever affect her race-running ability.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Never heard of Stonehenge...I'm at a loss. And if you're on going on this show, for the love of God, learn to drive a stick.

9. Wenders

I can understand why this might be more difficult since it was backwards. But still, couldn't they have at least pushed her car off the highway until she figured things out?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Picked two teams the moment they introduced the teams at the beginning -- Team Glee and the friends who got eliminated tonight. Something tells me I won't be rooting for a team that's in contention from start to finish, like the cowboys last season.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Having the teams drive stick shifts in England is certainly an interesting financial choice by CBS. Not only is adjusting to driving on the opposite side hard enough, you have to deal with a manual transmission, too. I'm surprised only one team screwed up its clutch. CBS was running a decent-sized risk of crashes and costly mechanical issues.

Hell, I had a hard enough time with the one stick shift my wife and I owned 20 years ago. I was thrilled when we finally junked that car.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have a hard time understanding those who don't know how to drive a stick shift.

Draft saved Draft deleted