1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Anytime Arun is behind the wheel, anything is possible (sorry but that’s the truth).

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It was both amusing and sad when Natalia kept telling him to park on the right and he kept asking for clearer directions. Can't be more clear than what she was saying.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Arun is the reason the GPS gives you directions to get out of your own neighborhood. I'm actually shocked that he drove across Greece as efficiently as he did.

Phil and his team are in constant communication with the teams' teams, so he knew that the Twins were headed his way. May have caused an issue, because he's usually on the run while they're completing tasks to get all of his expositional filming done. And with all of them sticking together when it comes to flights and transit, he really doesn't have a lot of leeway in his schedule.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I was surprised Dusty was so apologetic after his struggle through the very frustrating rock-turning task. I didn't think he behaved so badly, or handled himself that poorly in what was, after all, a long, exasperating, tiring challenge.

5. Wenders

I honestly thought Raquel & Cayla were going to get dinged in Portugal, because I thought I saw a clue along with their map they left behind at the painting challenge, and you are not allowed to check into the Pit Stop without all of your clues.

But I'm happy with the final result because it's proof that the Amazing Race requires some brains and puzzle solving, not just brute strength. Even with the amount of time they lost because they couldn't figure out the lock combination, I wonder how long they were doing the final memory challenge.

(Also, I'd like to call some shenanigans on having multiple colors of candy as the clue for the final leg, since only one team member could see said candy and with all of the tissue paper from the pinatas, it's no wonder they may have thought there was more than just red and yellow candy there.)

Pool update:
    WolvEagle - Kim & Penn | 109
    Pilot - Ryan & Dusty | 86
    WriteThinking - Raquel & Cayla | 72
    *Anthony & Spencer | 34
    *Huggy - Connie & Sam | 22
    *Wenders - Caro & Ray | 19
    *MTM - Arun & Natalia | 24
    *nietsroob17 - Lulu & Lala | 21
    *TigerVols - Akbar & Sheri | 17
    *Taylor & Isaiah | 10
    *bumpy mcgee - Michael & Moe | 2

*Team has been eliminated

I think Arun & Natalia might have the lowest-ever final point total for a team that made it to the final 4. Leg 2, where they finished 3rd, was their highest ever finish BY FAR.

Congrats @WolvEagle!

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I think this may have been the highest finish I've ever had in The Amazing Race pool, but I was happy to see Kim and Penn win. They were a smart, consistent and likeable team, and the victory was well-deserved.

I'm glad Ryan got to compete in the race at all, and that he and Dusty finished among the top three.

I was impressed that Arun and Natalia got things correct on their first tries at both the painting challenge and the columns-count task.

The Amazing Race is always great to watch, and the pool always an enjoyable follow. Thanks for all your efforts, Wenders.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I won! And I didn't even have to leave my easy chair!

Thanks, Wenders, for running the pool!

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thanks as always, Wenders. My team of Arun and Natalia were not very good, but they made the Final 4.
    Growing up in LA, it was fun seeing the final challenges at places I've been to.

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That was my wife and I, and the finale in Atlanta however many years ago.

Still love the moment when the teams had to go to "the Dump" (Margaret Mitchell House) and a cab took them to The Dump, a furniture store in the Buckhead area.

I contend the racers should've had to work behind the counter with the lingo at The Varsity.

Those who know will know. :D

11. Wenders

I live in the 'burbs outside DFW and when there was a finale in Dallas, I was basically yelling "DON'T GO DOWN THAT ROAD YOU'RE GONNA GET CAUGHT IN.... traffic."

12. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

That video was awesome!

Draft saved Draft deleted