1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I AM THE CHAMPION!
    My hard work, early mornings in the gym, ignoring my friends and loved ones, starving myself for months on end, and poor personal hygiene finally paid off in a massive win against all you other couch potatoes!

:D

This was the finale that was supposed to have a world-record mass singing event of some sort, right?

Wenders likes this.
  2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Thanks Wenders for putting the pool together.

Us folks up North now have Amazing Race Canada to watch.

The Amazing Race Canada

Episode last night had a cool zip line ball drop over an abandoned mine/quarry. I've always felt the challenges on the Canadian version were a bit tougher than the US version.

Wenders likes this.
  3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

While we all wait with bated breath for CBS to release The Amazing Race Season 32...

I discovered that the first 30 or so seasons are streaming on Amazon Prime! Go back and relive the horrors of Jonathan and Victoria, see the moment when Colin's ox was BROKEN, watch a bunch of people throw hissy fits over eating food out of their comfort zones or whine about having to drive a manual transmission, all in streamy glory. GO!

4. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

5. Wenders

It's interesting...they suspended it five days after starting the Race. So they knew this was a distinct possibility, it's been ramping up for a month, they almost always go to Asia and probably will through one of the major hotbeds, why even start shooting?

Also, they filmed S32 A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. Come on CBS, put it on the schedule.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I think it starts tonight, at long last.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Actually, they moved it to the fall, whenever that season starts.. It will follow Survivor.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

To quote Lee Corso: Not so fast, my friend. It just got yanked from the schedule to air in the fall, since they haven't been able to tape many fall shows due to COVID.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Damn. I thought it was on, and was really looking forward to it.

10. Wenders

Yes, it is now slated for a fall debut. This season was filmed in November 2018.

They are going to run into a crazy fall if they can't start filming new scripted shows soon. There can't be too many seasons like TAR that they've had in the can for 18 months. (I bet it's also why they renewed so many bubble shows - pilot season was gutted by the virus.)

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Good news - The season premiere is set for Wednesday, Oct. 14 - 9 p.m. Eastern/8 p.m. Central.

12. Wenders

Yay! Thanks for the update @WolvEagle.

I'll do the pool again. Comment if you're in, I'll draw close to the premiere.

Draft saved Draft deleted