1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I remember Rupert and thought he was good to have around the first time I saw him on Survivor. But how much staying power do they think he has, and how popular, really, is he, now? He's been on four -- count 'em, four -- editions of Survivor, and now is being used in TAR. Talk about taking advantage of 15 minutes of fame/popularity...

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

And he won a fan vote and received $1 million! AND I don’t remember being offended by that! I thought it was great!

CBS really wore out his welcome. Again, though, he’s given himself so over to the character America fell in love with that I’m expecting hilariously bad things.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Good news and bad news - TAR is returning, but not until Wednesday, May 22 (8 p.m. Eastern). I'm really looking forward to seeing the ending in Detroit (including the building where I work).

Wenders likes this.
  4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Very cool, @WolvEagle! I saw that May 22 premiere date and was like...no wanna wait that long, come on CBS!

Wondering if the budget for airlines and hotels and the getaway for the Philiminated teams has gotten to the size that they couldn't justify more than one season a year. Also hoping that the summer premiere date isn't an indicator that they're getting ready to cancel it.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Just saw it on the Facebooks.

Premiere is next Wednesday (April 17) at 9/8c!

I’ll run the pool again if there’s interest. Let me know by Sunday night!

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm in again and ready to be out by week 3.

Just don't give me Rupert.

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'm more than happy to jump in the pool. Thanks Wenders!

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Everybody back in the pool!...Or, at least, me. :)

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yes, please! However much I want to enjoy the season, I can't wait to see the finale in Detroit.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Would love to be in the pool again!

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yes! Back in! Thanks!

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

MeToo!

Thanks wenders

Draft saved Draft deleted