1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I would love to trade team Big Brother to have the hot violinists back. They really did a good leg (and I was really hoping for non-elim leg) but the stupid U-Turn did them in.

So do I understand this right: They are just given a choice of This or That, and they don't know what either task is and go there and pray on the way that it's something up their alley?

(Side note: You can see why Lucas and Brittany are 30-year-old lifeguards. That may be mean, I don't care.)

Kristi and Jen also have to be in the conversation for strongest all-female team in the history of the Race. Also, Eric and Daniel are really working nicely together. Go dudes, dispelling the myth that two bohunks from the South can't compete.

Pool update:
    Wenders - Kristi & Jen 67
    Huggy - Cody & Jessica 49
    WCIBN - Henry & Evan 45
    Tigervols - Alexander and Conor 41
    nietsroob - Lucas & Brittany 35
    *WolvEagle - Trevor & Chris 29
    WriteThinking - Eric & Daniel 24
    *Iron_Chet - Joey @ Tim 21
    *MTM - Cedric and Shawn 14
    *bumpy mcgee - April & Sarah 3
    *Dessie & Kayla 1
    *team has been eliminated

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

What was with the Phil fake out at the mat? The way he was talking about twists and surprises we were convinced he was going to tell them the leg was continuing.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He has turned into a real chatty Cathy. Not a good change, Phil.

Prague is a great city.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I think he was alluding to the twist they previewed in next week's episode.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thanks. My recording ended before they got to the preview.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I thought it was strange that Daniel and Evan were allowed to work together on a task that was reputed to be one of the more nightmarish in past seasons, but Cedric and Shawn -- teammates -- had to sit through a potentially very costly penalty when Cedric just yelled out for Shawn to be careful of P's and some other letter on the ice block spelling challenge early on.

Sometimes, I think the rules/penalty decisions are a little bit arbitrary and made up as they go along. Perhaps it's that TAR, intended to be a positive spin on competition, likes the idea of encouraging communal help among the contestants in the name of sportsmanship and relationships -- I know it has happened throughout the years the show has been on -- but I really thought that penalty against Cedric and Shawn was harsh.

And I, too, was sorry to see Trevor and Chris go. Like Brittany, I'm starting dislike Jessica of the Big Brother team.

Now, can't you just see those two being teamed as partners in the switch next week?:D

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We were left wondering the same thing.

BTW, how does someone get a chipped front tooth fixed in an evening? Don't they have to pull it out and replace it with a transplant? Can you really just glue the chip back on, like on a coffee mug?

8. Wenders

Probably no crazier or time consuming than getting a filling. You go in, they numb you down (they give you goooooooood nitrous oxide...or at least my dentist does. I just had a major filling earlier this month and I was high as a damn kite most of it), then they build the tooth out to where it should be.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. Wenders

These two hour episodes are killing me. Trying to find the time to watch it all at once...and why are they doing this? Did CBS cancel something else on Wednesday night?

Wednesday's episode made sense for it to be two hours though, since it went right into another leg with no break. (Also, for pool reasonings, I did not score episode one, since no one was eliminated and the partner swap would have made it difficult, since no one was really 'checked in' at a certain spot...please complicate my life further, TAR.)

Loved Zimbabwe. Henry and Daniel (?) were just dumb, though, to try to go through the center of the water on that detour. They should have just waited for Conor and Lucas to get out of the way, winch their vehicle out of that bog (why couldn't they just drive around the water?!) and then attempted to go through.

Cody and Jessica are on my last nerve. Being all "oh I don't understand WHY Team Ocean Spray U-Turned us!" apparently you forgot how your girlfriend promised to work with Brittany on the Kafka roadblock and purposely withheld information to ensure that their team left the roadblock first? I was really hoping that the firefighters would get through the singing and dancing task first and beat them to the mat.

Pool update:
    Wenders - Kristi & Jen 67
    Huggy - Cody & Jessica 49
    WCIBN - Henry & Evan 45
    Tigervols - Alexander and Conor 41
    nietsroob - Lucas & Brittany 35
    *WolvEagle - Trevor & Chris 29
    *WriteThinking - Eric & Daniel 24
    *Iron_Chet - Joey @ Tim 21
    *MTM - Cedric and Shawn 14
    *bumpy mcgee - April & Sarah 3
    *Dessie & Kayla 1
    *team has been eliminated

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was amused at seeing both Tom Brady and Prince Fielder jerseys on people in the crowd in Zimbabwe. Was waiting to see a Falcons Super Bowl champ shirt

Huggy and SpeedTchr like this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I was as sick as I've been in a long time this week, and totally missed this episode. Didn't even think of it until the next day. So mad.

12. Wenders

It should be available to watch on OnDemand or on CBS.com if you haven't seen it.

Draft saved Draft deleted