1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The champ is here! Thanks, Wenders, for running this again.

As unlikeable and whiny as Brooke was, I didn't mind this season, hard not to cheer for Becca and Floyd and Matt and Redmond among others. Always wondered why TAR doesn't do a reunion show like Survivor does.

TAR Canada starts next month!

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for them to do another All-Stars/Unfinished Business season. I can easily see both Becca and Floyd and Matt and Redmond being on one of those iterations. Rather than trying to do these dating/total stranger seasons, where's the All-Stars?!

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

New season starts just after New Year's and is going with a format of almost all quasi-celebrities (no parent/child pairings) that includes some Big Brother pair, a pair of competitive eaters (w/ Joey Chesnut) and a pair of Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion.

Meet The Cast Of The Amazing Race Season 30

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Indy Car drivers - Alex Rossi and Conor Daly

I'm willing to run the pool again. Let me know if you're in (posting this super early because it starts January 3 and we've got holidays and travel and insanity between now and then).

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm in

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am in!

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I be in. Thanks Wenders.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I shall jump in, thanks!

9. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

count me in

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Count me in please.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Count me in, too, please. Thanks, Wenders!

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'll play again, too. :)

I have to say that I'm not too happy to have an apparently celebrity-style cast. I hate when reality shows do this, and think they're almost always much better when regular, preferably unknown, people are used. I also would prefer that regular, unknown people get the winnings and the benefits of running TAR, rather than having people who have done a lot and been privileged already to have these types of experiences.

And, I've always thought TAR was above having to do this kind of easy, lazy casting. I don't think it needs "name-recognition" to be good and successful, and I'm disappointed. I'm willing to see how it goes, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted