1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yup, whenever someone says that, epic fail is about to happen. All it was missing was the TAR Fail Horn Sound.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Venice looks so interesting, in an old-world kind of way. I can't wait to go there someday.

I continue to like Becca and Floyd a lot. They seem to get along and have the same, good approach to the race and the experiences -- they're the type of people with whom I'd like to do TAR.

And, has Scott even done any of the challenges? I know he has, although I barely remember. So far, his partnership with Brooke seems very one-sided, and kind of toxic, too. Despite her doing most of the work lately, and despite all her complaining and stressing out, I've gained more respect for her than I have for him.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Scott has done a couple challenges where he has had to overcome his fear of heights. One was washing windows, I don't recall the other.

He handled them with calm and patience without any of Brooke's "I can't" attitude.

4. Wenders

I went to Venice in high school. It was gorgeous...just wandering around the city is an adventure. St. Mark's is gorgeous (got to actually sing in the basilica). It's a top-5 European city. (Like, IMO, I would skip all of France and spend weeks in Italy.)

I also like Becca and Floyd. Very little complaining, just an overall zest for life and going for it on the Race. Like, I was immediately endeared to them when they found out they were skydiving and just got SO EXCITED over this prospect.

I think his other one was the pallet tower in Norway. That's the other heights-related challenge I can remember.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Wenders

I didn't want to see either Liz & Michael or Becca & Floyd go.

I want to go to Greece. I would have to take the break to take a moment at the Olympic arena.

But yes, another team felled for lack of being able to read a clue. Or a map. Oy.

Pool update:
    Huggy - Tara & Joey 78
    MTM - Matt & Redmond 61
    WolvEagle - Becca & Floyd 54
    *Amy - Liz & Michael 34
    *Iron_Chet - Seth & Olive 29
    *WCIBN - Vanck & Ashton 29
    bumpy mcgee - Brooke & Scott 32
    WriteThinking - London and Logan 25
    *Wenders - Shamir & Sara 13
    *Jessie & Francesca 4
    *Kevin & Jenn 1

6. Wenders

Also, the award for "Best Caption of the Night" goes to "Speedy McSpeederson - Professional Donkey".

Huggy, bumpy mcgee and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Those donkeys were amazingly cooperative. I expected at least one dramatic scene of refusal. But then again, I suppose they do that kind of route frequently.

Why did Beardy Magellan McBearderson, professional butcher, not let Liz drive? Also, why was he not allowed to rabbit punch Flamey McFlamerson and Whiny McWhinerson for u-turning them?

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I was so relieved my team lost, not Team Fun.

9. Wenders

I definitely liked both of them (Michael's stubborn refusal to turn around and their inability to navigate and read road signs aside). Brooke and Scott are on my last nerve, London and Logan are so bland and uninteresting and I'd really like ANY OTHER TEAM other than Douchebags-R-Us to win. It's probably down to the parents to beat them.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A lap at the Olympic Stadium would be so cool.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Michael looked like he was going to die on the way up all those steps they had to climb to get Liz's goat. Then he looked like he wanted to cry when he realized he had to climb them again to go get his gift for the groom. He really struggled all race with steps and climbing.

Not that I might not, too, but it was a recurring weakness that, I don't know, I wasn't really expecting to see as much, and as obviously, as we did from him.

I was a little surprised Brooke and Scott U-turned Michael and Liz, and I don't think they really needed to, either, given that Liz and Michael already were going to be set back by a speed bump.

I'm rooting for Becca and Floyd but like the parents, too, and they're my pick to win the race.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

What a heartbreaking end for Becca and Floyd. Guess I'll have to go for the guys, or mom & dad now.

Draft saved Draft deleted