1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I humbly accept the plaudits for my random victory :)

And did I mention... yay Dana!

Hoping next season is a bit more compelling.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't think I could have done that high-rise jump-off task. Just don't think I could have gotten myself to do it. But then, I guess that's the issue. You've got to not think about it.

Maybe I missed something, but how did Sheri and Cole come up with the idea that Theresa Ann was a museum?

It was a good ending to a good season. The teams grew on me, and, as always, I was glad I watched and followed The Amazing Race. It really is a good, quality event and show. And, also as always, I felt emotional at the finish line, probably because this is something I'd love to do. I can really see/feel the value of it, and I'm glad the race participants usually seem to get it, too.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

First off, thanks to Wenders for running the pool again, too bad I couldn't defend my title even if it looked really good for a long time.

Thought this was an enjoyable season too, although I am still stunned that Sheri and Cole ended up second, they seemed to be hanging on in every leg.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

When you type in "Theresa Ann Santa Barbara", the top link that comes up is for the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum. If you read on, it says it's a boat (and even has a picture).

Theresa Ann – Santa Barbara Maritime Museum

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

My hometown is doing an Amazing Race-style event this weekend. My mom watches religiously so I'm going to give it a try with her. She said that unlike Cole, I have to do all the physical and height challenges.

6. Wenders

Fun! I'd love to do it with my dad. He'd have to do all of the physical stuff though (I mean, I work out but not that much) and I'd pretty much have to do anything with heights because my dad can't even handle the Ferris wheel.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

8. Wenders

Believe it's slated for mid-season. They had to make room for the slate of soon-to-be-cancelled CBS comedies.

9. Wenders

Woo! The Amazing Race premiere got moved up two weeks to March 30! Now on Thursdays at 10 EST.

Apparently, all of the couples will not be pre-arranged. They are all strangers and will get paired up at the starting line.

Here's the cast:
    The Amazing Race Cast 2015 - CBS.com

Is anyone interested in being in the pool? I'll run it again if people still want to be in it. I can draw teams after they're set after the first leg.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm in. Maybe I can finally win one of these.

Thanks Wenders

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Sure, I would do it. Funny, I was just thinking the other night how I've been missing watching "The Amazing Race" lately.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Back in to rep Canuckistan!

Draft saved Draft deleted