1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: The Amazing Race -- 2012-2013 All-Purpose Thread

Scores below, so don't read if you haven't watched...

Standings:
    Drew Wilson 66
    Inky_Wretch 57
    IJAG 47
    Wenders 42
    JayFarrar 25
    LieslnTx 24
    * Huggy 22
    * TigerVols 14
    * MTM 11
    * WolvEagle 9
    * beanpole 1

* = Team has been eliminated from TAR

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think it was the Rockers' fault for having their money so easily accessible, but it is kind of jacked up that the obnoxious twins stole it and seemed to get away with it. I recall something like two or three races ago someone cheated another team (not steal money, but put them in a bad spot) and there were repercussions. Did I miss something because it feels like the twins should have at the very least received a time penalty?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If the speed bumps get any easier, team members will be asked to spell their names backwards.

Eating ice cream and they f'ed it up and they still didn't finish last?

There needs to be more of a penalty for finishing 5 1/2 hours behind the winners.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think the problem was that the penalty for non-elim legs used to be MUCH worse. I remember one season, they took all of their money and they wouldn't receive any the next leg, another one they took EVERYTHING from them except their passports and in another season, if you didn't finish first in the next leg, you incurred a 30-minute penalty.

I'm on the fence about my team winning because of the whole money thing. At least they're not Abbie and Ryan, who I want to stab every time I see them.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This.

6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

There really should have been a penalty for taking the rockers' money. The producers rewarded thievery, which is wrong. With this being a family-friendly show, what does it teach the children who are watching?

But, from the preview of next week, it looks like the rockers could be toast. What a shame - those guys are as cool as the twins are annoying.

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I had started to be won over by the twins based on the way they hung in on challenges so was so disappointed when they stole the money. I had seen the promos announcing the theft but I never would have guessed they were the thieves. I was figuring it was Abbie and Ryan.

Eating ice cream as a speed bump? It should be something really hard. They got a gift of not being eliminated at the last leg despite being last and shouldn't get a treat, too.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Devil's advocate: Did the producers allow them to take the money without penalty because the long hairs dropped it? They didn't take it out of their pack.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It appeared they found the money on the ground and weren't sure who it belonged to.
    Still, the right thing to do would have been to ask.

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The "twinnies" figured it out pretty darn fast. They should have done the right thing. Maybe karma will get them...

11. Wenders

Karma has a way of getting people on this show.

12. Wenders

The official word from Phil on Twitter:

So obviously, they won't be penalized. We just all have to root for karma.

Draft saved Draft deleted