1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. beanpole

beanpole Member

Re: The Amazing Race -- 2012-2013 All-Purpose Thread

Oh my God. My team must be the stupidest in TAR history. Looking in the bank for an abacus? Really??

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Lotta stupidity in this season. My pair make me want to stab myself in the head just from reading their bio on CBS.com. Yeah, you're 22. Graduating from college is literally your only worthwhile accomplishment.

I don't know who else I'm actively rooting for. I'm just looking for a team that appears to have operative brain cells and can read a clue at this point. (Is 30 minutes into the season premiere the record for clue reading fail?)

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Naturally, I had to check out the guy who talked about playing football for Texas. He spent his entire career as a scout team deep snapper.

4. Wenders

Kinda what I figured. I looked at his bio, didn't immediately recognize his name but he was so pumped up about being a former UT football player that I figured he was like, a walk-on and not actually a starter. Or someone who ever saw the playing field. But hey, he got the blonde perky cheerleaders so it was all worth it, right? ::)

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, this is a REALLY stupid group. I watched last night and have the finishing order, but i'd already shut down my computer and now I'm late for getting ready for work, so I'll have scores tonight (though you guys can figure it out...not much math in the first week...)

I really like Amy and Daniel, and I like my twins, and I was surprised by Abbie and Ryan. I felt bad for Amy and Daniel though, but it was their mistake to give an answer away. NEVER do that, especially not with $2M on the line.

6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Those twins were really, really annoying (sorry, IJAG). But, at least it'll make for high comedy as the season goes on.

I'm sure the first nine teams were really hoping to see the Chippendales arrive last. They might be dumb as a box of rocks, but they're athletic, which will help them.

I'm stunned my team didn't finish last. They were so unimpressive.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

This seems to be more of a gimmick driven cast than in the past.

I know that contestants have always needed a hook to get on the show but what about just casting people who seem like interesting normal people and tell the story of the race rather than looking for a gimmick in the racers?

8. Inky_Wretch

Most of this cast seems like gimmick casting — Girl with no legs, rock star (sorta), twins, football player and cheerleader girlfriend, really tall dude with really short best friend, a lumberjack and monster truck drivers.

9. Wenders

Don't forget the Chippendales and the Fabulous Beekman boys.

10. imjustagirl

Who are these Beekman Boys? I have no idea what that means.

11. Inky_Wretch

The goat farmers had a TV show on Planet Green about their purchase of the farm. It was enjoyable in a granola way.

12. imjustagirl

WTF is "Planet Green?" YOU HIPPIES NEED TO LEAVE TV ALONE!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted