1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race 2011: Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 3, 2011.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I agree with Wenders about Luke - you had to feel for him, even though we was a jerk. I felt worse for his mom, though. You could tell that she wanted to help him in the worst way, but couldn't.

And, it's a good thing the Globetrotters didn't deliver the books. How on earth could they have fit in one of those so-called taxis? And, the bicyclist would have had a heck of a time pulling them, too.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I agree on Luke, as well. Glad to see them gone, though. I didn't watch the season with Cowboys. How did they do? They don't seem very smart....

3. WolvEagle

The Cowboys were in the final three, if memory serves.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Watching the tea challenge, I just kept asking one thing - what if you have to go to the bathroom during the task because of all that tea?

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I really enjoy when Mallory does the Miley Cyrus Show on SNL.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me how the contestants get overly hyped while they are in cabs or trains or whatever, insisting that the drivers go faster, that they get seats close to the doors, etc...but when they actually HAVE control over their speed, during the challenges, they seem to poke along.

Like last night's tea challenge. Why wouldn't you go to the front of the table and just start slamming anything that remotely smelled like Mango? Why wander up and down the long-ass table, passing cup after cup? And once you have emptied a cup, why would you slowly stroll up to the judge? And why on earth would you just stand around?

Or when you have to paint a statue, why would you stand around complaining about the noise?

I just don't get it.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Surely some of the teams had to take bathroom breaks after the tea challenge.

And I thought Mallory's reaction to the Snapple at the pit stop was hilarious. And a bit scary.

8. WolvEagle

Mallory is scary (at least her attitude - not her looks).

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The best part of the show was when Mallory arrived at Town Hall in India and the Globbies and the other teams already there told her to run and look for the clue.

At least she had a sense of humor about it. Luke would have been pissed.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don't recall, but did Luke have to do that challenge? He gets rattled so easily that you know he'd fall apart if he couldn't do it right away. Glad to see the last of him.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I believe they were on last season (or the season before) and they were runners-up. I'm curious on why you say they don't seem very smart. Aside from an atrocious first leg, the worst they've finished is sixth and they've been either first, second or third in the rest of the legs.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, Jet did struggle with the puzzle in that leg more than anybody else. And I seem to remember they struggled with another puzzle in their original season.

That said, they're good people. I hope they or the Globies win.

Draft saved Draft deleted