1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race 2011: Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm glad the cheerleaders are gone, but now I'm not sure who to root against.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The pass Gary and Mallory have, do they have to use it before starting a detour or road block, or can they start one, decide it's hard, then use it? I thought they were a little hasty in using such an advantage, especially if they can decide after starting a task.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The mother and son. The mom seems nice; the son seems obnoxious as hell.

4. WolvEagle

I thought it was a smart move - they saw how tough the task was going to be, and they were in last place.

5. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

The Express Pass is a use-any-time deal -- pre-task or mid-task. Its use in the last race -- by a team that was facing an extra Speed Bump task -- was a much better use of that advantage.

I gotta think it was a bad use if it doesn't lead to either a leg win or immediate aversion of elimination. You're not supposed to use it and finish second.

6. WolvEagle

When they used it, though, it put them in first for the moment. They didn't get to the next stop first, though.

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I guess if they use it then, it helps to start the next leg, but as much as trains, planes and tasks bunch everyone up, I may have tried the task just to see how tough it was. But seeing how much Mallory overeacts to any hint of adversity, I'm shocked they held it as long as they did.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I wish Margie (the mom) could team up with Christina (the Asian daughter) and Luke and Ron would go away.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If Mallory had done the dino challenge it could setup hilarious lines like, "when did God make you?" and "how was living in the Garden of Eden?" to the statue she was putting together.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Those lines never get old, Jay. Got any deaf jokes to follow up?

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I do have some deaf jokes, but with Margie and Luke out, I don't see a point.

Lots of Snapple love tonight. As I haven't had a Snapple in something like 15 years, I just shrug and move on.

Painting Ganesh was funny.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I really don't like Luke, but my heart went out to him during the tea task. It can get incredibly overwhelming to watch all the teams go and just have no idea how to beat the task at hand. I liked how the Globetrotters were encouraging them, both at the road block and the detour.

Mallory and Gary are getting to be a stronger team all the time, along with the Cowboys. I see them making the final two, along with possibly Kisha and Jen, the Globetrotters or Zev and Justin.

Draft saved Draft deleted