1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race 2011: Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I know a lady that is friends with Ron and she says he is a bigger dick to Christina in real life and is not thrilled that with her fiance.

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I assumed the actual application of the penalty involved a review of the situation with both camera teams and probably the Globetrotters, but it was either done off-camera or just not bothered with, as the viewers had already seen the whole situation.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I'll be interested to see the Globetrotters' reaction to the penalty.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I met Jaime about a year ago.
    She is ... hmm, how to put it without being the sexist pig I am ....
    Well, she easy on the eyes, y'all. She was engaged to a guy who played for the Ravens but I believe that relationship is no longer.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Her fiance...from what I can remember from his brief time on the Race (he and his sister only lasted 4-5 episodes) was pretty pushy as well to his sister.

I don't think that the Race is a really good example of a person's character, because we act differently when we're fatigued and under stress. That is, when you're dealing with a family member. If you're dealing with a significant other, it might be a good preview of how they might act when things get really rough.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Mike and Mel beat the redheads to the pit stop after being pulled from the race for medical reasons.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_18/2011_Mar_09_mel_interviews#disqus_thread

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Once I realized that the mud/frog task was freezing cold, too, I would have gone for the other one, too. The other one looked easier, despite standing under the pounding, freezing waterfall. At least there was a finite amount of time to that part of the task.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

This was such a fun leg, especially with them having the downtime to play basketball against each other. Makes me wonder how many of these little sessions they have while sitting in airports that they don't show because of time reasons.

So glad Jamie and Cara are gone. And I was SHOCKED that Kent and Vyxsin had the balls to U-Turn Jamie and Cara while they were standing right there on the mat with them. I've seen some crazy things on this race, but that is one of the ballsiest things I've ever seen, and that includes the antics pulled by Rob and Amber.

Glad the Globies survived the U-Turn. I was thinking that Big Easy wasn't exactly going to need a step stool to put that dinosaur together. :D

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Just the way they edited the segment with Jamie and Cara getting U-turned was fantastic. Going over their shoulders ... boom! It was there. Loved it.

And the building a dinosaur challenge may have been one of the most difficult all-time, though I think that's great. The harder they make these challenges for the second go-around, the better. These people know what's coming.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hate Jamie and Cara. Glad they're gone.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed last night's episode. It was so awesome to see Jamie and Cara FAIL. They are so, so annoying. And, it was cool to see the Globetrotters overcome the double-U turn and the Goths overcome such a disastrous previous leg. It was a great comeback for both teams - well-played.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The teams that were U-Turned did not surprise me - the Globetrotters are a legitimate threat, and Kent and Vyxsin did it for survival, facing a 30-minute penalty and potential elimination.

It's now at the point where the game and the strategy are overriding the pleasantries.

Draft saved Draft deleted