1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race 2011: Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Loved it when Phil told Mallory to shut up and keep racing and she kept blabbering on, so he had to tell her again.
    I'm pulling for the Globbies.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, that Mallory can do us all a favor and zip it.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No doubt I would have bailed on the shark tank roadblock. Yeah, I know it was a controlled environment probably filled with guys with stun guns (I saw one in one of the shots, don't know if he had a weapon but I bet he was ready) or whatever in case something went wrong, but as a guy who hasn't been in the ocean since seeing "Jaws" as a 10-year-old I would have shut it down and thanked Phil for the trip to Australia.

4. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Nice rebound for Jet and Cord last night - they were so far out of it and survived.

The couple that got eliminated did a heck of a job battling back from the double-U turn - props to them. Nothing like something that cost them at the start of the game coming back to hurt them now.

Also, in the teaser for next week, the cheerleaders get into a car crash. That made me wonder: How much do TAR organizers have to pay for car insurance in all these countries? Must be a mint - especially considering that almost all of these countries use the opposite side of the road.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It's not the first car crash. They were in the bush of Africa a few seasons back and someone crashed their car and one of the equipment people got injured. There was a big hub-bub about it because Rob and Amber were a few minutes behind the team that crashed and the team tried to wave them down to get help but they just drove on, saying, "Well, this is a RACE! They all looked fine!"

Not exactly sure how the insurance thing works. They definitely have had some issues on almost every race with a car breaking down. I can't imagine that renting the cars and then repairing them when something inevitably goes wrong, like someone killing the transmission in a manual car.

6. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

Jet & Cord got saved by the bunch-up for the 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. flights more than the double-U-turn. Waiting for a plane is TAR's Great Equalizer.

7. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

It sure looked like this would be an episode that would end with a rare "Phil Fetch" -- where Phil has to fetch the last team from somewhere other than the pit stop to tell them they'd been eliminated.

Clever editing and clip usage in the promos made it seem the models' troubles from the accident would be worse than they were.

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I give Mike and Mel credit for giving up. It sure can't be easy to quit, but it's not worth risking your health. Those guys were both shivering well afterward.

The Globetrotters sure did a crappy thing by moving the bag and not telling the other team. I'm curious to see if they forgot to tell the other team or were being sneaky. If they were being sneaky, that sure doesn't fit their reputation.

9. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

It looked like an honest mistake, one that was fairly benign and not nearly as damaging to Ron/Christina as Christina seemed to make it out to be. Still, the penalty was probably valid.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think it's an honest mistake. All of their bags look alike and don't really have anything to show that it's their bag. So they may have either thought that it was their bag or that Ron and Christina had left it behind accidentally and put it with their stuff in the tent.

They're probably lucky they only got a 30 minute penalty. It cost them two slots though.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since when can Phil just give out a penalty like that?

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

He can't. It was clear Phil's announcement was a voiceover added later. Ron and Christina had no reaction to moving up two slots.

Draft saved Draft deleted