1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race 2011: Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not NYPD, but Providence. And he was cleared.

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php/cbs/160-the-amazing-race-16/6436-the-amazing-race-louie-stravato-is-cleared

2. highlander

highlander Member

The Globetrotters and the water slide.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was thinking Rhode Island after I posted that. He was in trouble right around the time that the show had aired.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Seconded. To me, one of the most annoying reality show contestants ever. And that's a considerable feat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Some random thoughts from the season opener:

I imagine that each of the teams that checked in last night were shocked to find out that they got to the pit stop - and they still have to race. They probably all thought that they were done for the day and were ready to relax.

The cowboys are in a world of hurt right now, but with all the twists and turns, you never know.

At least Big Easy showed some compassion about the passenger who had the heart attack. which allowed the other plane to get to Sydney first.

Man, Sydney looks like a beautiful place.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If the Cowboys go, my interest will be cut by about 50 percent. As my wife said, "well, at least we'll need to find something else to do on Sunday nights".

I'll transfer my fandom to the Globetrotters simply b/c of Big Easy's compassion for the heart attack victim. Classy.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I didn't really get terribly attached to Zev and Justin during their season, but I'm rooting for them in addition to the Cowpokes (and to the 'Pokes credit, they at least went back to ACTUALLY FINISH THE TASK, as opposed to the numerous teams who half-assed it, though Jet obviously didn't read the clue carefully enough) and the Globetrotters. Jaime/Cara and Luke/Margie cannot be off my TV fast enough.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Just glad to see God, Jesus and St. Anthony weren't too busy and were able to help Mallory, classy guys those ones.
    Also, is Kynt not Kent? Was he always Kent and it was a typo? Was last night an error?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What season were the "Goths" on?

I ask because when I went to meet Phil @ his movie a couple of weeks back, they were manning the booth in the lobby, and were running around like crazy people. I had no idea they were former contestants, I just assumed they were from FIDM nearby.

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Kent reverted back to the legal spelling of his first name after his dad passed away, from MS. That's why he and Vyxsin were at The Ride event. They were on season 12.

11. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

Can't believe the Cowboys are sucking it up.

If the Cowboys fall out early, gotta get behind the Globetrotters.

12. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

Cowboys' hopes are down to two:

a) Another built-in bunch-up at an airport, bus/train terminal or other establishment that doesn't open until the morning.

or

b) The U-turn that awaits that one team ahead of them, but the lead looks to be pretty huge and might be enough to absorb the second task.

Draft saved Draft deleted