1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Some of the lower thirds could really start saying ”aspiring reality stars” by now.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Read a story in the OCRegister profiling the "Gay flight attendant couple."

Guess how they ended up on the show?

They answered a casting call ad from the TAR producers, seeking a "Gay flight attendant couple."

That might be the most disappointing thing I've learned about the show -- that it casts these stereotypes so strictly.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Many might think a former NFL player is rich while the Globetrotters are known as a circus act and not the NBA. People may go after Pollard under the assumption that he doesn't need the cash.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, we're four teams short of the full 11 for each pool. What do you guys want to do?

* Put 9 teams in each one and wait until we're down to 9 teams
    * Put 9 teams in each one and draw this week, so each pool will have two teams not drawn
    * Try to scrounge up four more people

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

9 in and wait...

6. imjustagirl

See, I figured having two teams not drawn in each pool would shake up the scoring. The winning team might not have someone associated with it, which opens up the scoring. It's not guaranteed someone will get the bonus for winning a stage that way.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

There's a double elimination this week anyway, so you won't have to wait long.

8. imjustagirl

I THOUGHT so. But I had already started to type and didn't want to start over, and a google search didn't help me out.

Coolio. Thanks.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

All hail the power of reading comprehension!

But seriously, spelunking in Indonesia?? How fucking badass is that?

10. imjustagirl

haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'll draw teams tomorrow. :)

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I couldn't believe how many teams failed to read the sign. I mean, you're in a race that depends on reading clues and everything else closely. And it was in plain sight, too.

12. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Down go the "Survivors" - wow. And, the flight attendants are gone, too.

Talk about the power of observation - you'd think everyone would see the note on the table, but the contestants were probably so wired, which really makes it understandable.

Draft saved Draft deleted