1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, considering they were the only couple on the show that thought "look up" translated into "the tallest building we can see for 100 miles," they will spend so much time looking for the right bench that they will continue to be non-factors.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not to mention the oldsters are proud schoolteachers, so that must mean the compete for 50 minutes then take a 10 minute break, right?

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the season the hippies BJ and Tyler won. That season seemed to have three or four really good teams, between the frat brothers, the husband and wife, and a pair of all female teams that were strong.
    Also, for the first time in recent memory none of the teams are playing basketball in the into.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Just to echo, since this is technically a game show, there are NUMEROUS rules governing "play."

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My favorite season was season 5. The winners (Chip and Kim) were one awesome couple who played by the rules, the villains (Colin and Christie) had their moments (this was the dude whose ox was broken in Thailand) and the most awesome team ever, the Bowling Moms, finished fourth.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I think Pete got the last spot but if an opening becomes available I'd like to get in on the action.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We're actually well over the 11. I have 16 right now. So if we can scrounge up 6 more, we can do two leagues, like I did last time. Or I can split into two teams of 8 and either start with 8 left, or draw from the 11 teams left, which kind of leaves things more open because no one guaranteed a win each week.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If you need more, count me in.

9. imjustagirl

OK we need five more.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Do I have to actually do anything? Or is it just a random draw?

11. imjustagirl

Random draw. Unless you want to bribe me. I'm not above that.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Alright, I'm in.

Now, what would ijag want from me ..........

Draft saved Draft deleted