1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 25, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've got a computer full of flight sims and damn if I can't land a plane to save my life; so I really felt for Marcus.

Ernie's future tiger-mom-in-law must be thrilled by her little girl's win.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wish. I did sign up to be a volunteer there today!

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love Amani and Marcus' relationship. They've obviously been together quite a while because I cannot recall one time where they sniped at each other or got testy at all. When they were down, you heard nothing but positivity from them. I really hope if they do an All-Stars that they bring them back.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

My wife and I were watching and laughed that we would have been at each other's throats if one of us had taken that many tries to land the plane. Of course we have always said that the only thing that could cause us to divorce is putting together IKEA furniture together.

5. Wenders

You should not go on TAR then.

^^from S6, where they visited the Ice Hotel in Stockholm and then the world's largest IKEA, where they had to assemble a piece of their furniture...or count a bunch of things in barrels.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I remember that challenge well, it was that or count the stuffed animals iirc. We laughed at what an utter goatfest we would have been on that challenge!

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo! Two-time winner! That's going in my sig line. :)

Good season. Kinda bummed Amani and Marcus finished third but, then again, he's a former NFL player so it's not like he needs the money. Never liked Cindy so it's sad she won but they played the best final leg and deserved the victory.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That was one of the best episodes in TAR history.

9. Wenders

The shot glasses made of ice at the Ice Hotel was AWESOME. I just loved that entire season.

Also, if anyone reads TWOP, go back and read the pilot episode from that season's descriptions of each contestant. I cannot get through it without DYING laughing at her talking about the various hair styles of each team. HILARIOUS. (This was the year that featured Adam, who thought that sporting two one-inch ponytails at the front of his head was a fashion trend.)

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Cindy was the only remaining contestant I didn't want to win. There is still time for Ernie to escape.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Entertaining season and as usual I couldn't identify half of the early departees in the final episode.

The snowboarders would have to be the best team to never win it all. I bet they return for an all stars or unfinished bidness type show somewhere down the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted