1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I'm in!

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Geez, has anyone lost their passport in the first ten minutes of the show before?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, we're up to eight. If we can get two more by next week, we'll start next week.

Rules:

Points are given out in inverse proportion to finishing position. Next week, 10 teams, 10 for first, 9 for second, etc. Win a leg, 5 bonus points. You draw your team, you get them for the whole race. Ride your damn horse. :)

4. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

5. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

They "found" her passport. Yeah, that wasn't scripted or anything

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Wow, they had already brought the knives out on each other, too. Too bad. Now I almost want them to win with an assist from America. They owe those guys.

7. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Haha the producers don't like the old people so they sent them up a building lol

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I'm glad it wasn't an elimination leg. The last-place couple seems pretty cool. When I saw what they had to do with looking up, I thought that I'd mess it up, too. It was nice to see her get the phrase so quickly.

With the twin that was struggling to remember the phrase, couldn't they have switched and the other twin give it a try? It seems to be that teams have switched during those challenges before.

And, as said before, how do you lose your passport so quickly? Why wouldn't it be in a secure place, for crying out loud? No passport, no game. C'mon...

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Producer intervention is illegal. The guy who found the passport is the same one who the snowboarders asked for directions to LAX. Since the production staff has to get clearance from anyone the Racers interact with, it's not unreasonable to guess that the guy would have figured out what the passport was doing on the ground. It's a short hop from there to confirm which airport they would have gone to.

10. imjustagirl

They showed his Twitter posts, and the one telling him to get to LAX. But it didn't show who told him to go to LAX.

11. imjustagirl

OK, I've got 10 people. If we get one more, we can start next week, since this week was a non-elimination.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

You can check his Twitter timeline from the day they taped (June 18) -it wasn't anyone from CBS. He reached out to the CBS TAR Twitter account, but they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. (and I'd be willing to bet no one was checking it anyway, those f---ers are lazy) The site Reality Fan Forum has people on the lookout for Racers all the time, and it looks like some of those folks found him first.

Draft saved Draft deleted