1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 25, 2011.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The new season starts tonight. It includes a former NFL player, Marcus Pollard, and two "Survivor" winners, Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca, who are dating.

I don't plan to watch much TV this fall, but this is definitely a must-see, again.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

And the father/son from crazy family who lets their kids sail around the world by themselves. The son (who is only 19. Usually, they have to be 21 to be on the show) is the current record holder for circumnavigating the world by himself.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I've been disappointed with the last few seasons. Doesn't hold my interest and I drop off after the first few episodes. I'll watch again this year, at least at first, but I hope they do something to make it more interesting.

One thing I'm curious about is whether you watch it by yourself or with someone? I used to watch it with someone I was seeing and we discussed the relationships if the contestants and how we would react in similar situations. Maybe that's what made it more interesting to me then.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jenna and Ethan being there will make me watch for the first time in awhile. It's pretty easy to root for a couple, one who beat cancer and another who lost her mother to cancer.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Is there enough interest to do the fantasy league again? I know I sucked at it last time. But I'm TOTALLY up for it now. Would just need 11 people, preferably.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm in.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Count me in IJAG.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'll jump in

9. imjustagirl

OK that puts us up to four. Seven more spots!

10. imjustagirl

at 7:30 I'll pair people if we have the 11. So reply or PM me if you want in. If not, I'll just hold it until we have the same number of participants as contestants.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I am in.

12. imjustagirl

OK, we're up to 6. Anyone else? 28 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted