1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Adventures of Smallpotatoes, Weirdo Magnet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 25, 2009.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Just a word of advice: If you ever go to New Orleans and someone on the street tells you they know where you got your shoes, just walk away.

Not speaking from experience, or anything.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And then when Smallpotatoes checked on his car in the morning, THERE WAS A HOOK STUCK IN THE DOOR HANDLE!

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The way the economy is, are we likely to run into more people with sob stories?
    Also, is it common for junkies to concoct bogus stories and try to get people to unwittingly give them rides to buy drugs?

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

[​IMG]

But he has Bud Light!

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

dude, you can't be doing shit like that.

People are whacked. You could get hurt, or worse.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Or, if they bet you 10 bucks they can tell you where you got them shoes, bet them 20 they can't guess how many times you've heard that one. Worked pretty well for me last month, although one guy tried Plans B, C, D, E and F on me.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Very glad you're OK....

Couple of Christmases ago, I was approached in a Wal-Mart parking lot just as I've gotten into my car. I'm a woman. I'm used to traveling alone. I hate being approached in parking lots. I crank my window down a little. The guy spins a story about taking his father-in-law to an airport, stopping to have lunch on his way back home, continued on his way, now needs gas and realized he left his wallet at the diner. Wife in the car can corroborate story. It was Christmas. I figured it was a scam. But I had no cash and I almost felt bad about not being able to help.
    Less than a week later, in the Sears parking lot, same guy approaches me with the same story. This time, my husband is with me. So, I start giving this guy all kinds of crap about how he tried the same story on me a few days before....He refused to admit it and kept asking for money.
    Moral. People suck. Don't give them cash. And for godsakes, don't them them in your car.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well I've learned my lesson. No rides to anyone I don't know. Under any circumstances.
    Unless they look like Alicia Sacramone.
    Or Jesus.
    In the latter case I'd still need to see two forms of ID.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Call me clueless, but where do they go from there?

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

This guy knows how to say no to beggars:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted