1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The absolute worst small talk EVER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Didn't Buick do a version of that joke where the parents talk to their kid about how they named their kids based on where they were conceived, and this one kid had the name of the car they were riding in?

In that same vein, there was a girls high school basketball player in my hometown, first name of ... Chevette.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, the girl whose parents were contortionists in the circus

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tebow, that reminds me, years ago I was idly purusing the bins at the HMV store on Yonge St. in downtown Toronto when the guy I was with (a notorious jokester) says, quite innocently, but loud enough for too many people to hear: "Hey, did you ever get that Peter North Penis Enlarger you sent away for?"

4. I'm pretty sure this thread could end right now and it would have reached epic status for good advice, hilarious stories and total awkwardness.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Day before Thanksgiving, my wife is at TJ's perusing the cheese and cold cuts when she hears a couple behind her go, "I dunno, let's ask her, she looks like she'd be fun" and then the guy says loud enough for my wife to hear, in her general direction but not actually to her: "I wonder which one of those cheeses is the spiciest one, cause you can't get enough spice in life!" Yep, that's what he actually said. When my wife ignored him, his wife goes, "Well, I guess she's not interested, which is too bad cause she looks like a feisty one!" at which point my wife, now completely creeped out, heads for the frozen food aisle.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Weird. The cheese line usually works.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did you and your wife have better luck with the next comely lass to saunter your way, Ace?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We favor feisty.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Don't count on BYH, that's a tough nut to crack

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Doesn't recognize subtlety, either.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Topics not appropriate for chit-chat:
    1. Marital aids
    2. You mother's extramarital affair with Buck Owens that led to your father's suicide.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't want to hear about your fucking thesis, either. [/crossthreading]

Draft saved Draft deleted