1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The '90s

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I never got that album. I did get The 18th Letter, which came out in 1997, I think. It had a handful of really good tracks on there. But that's the only solo album of his I bought. Have you checked out his newest one yet? I think it's called Live, Lost and Found, and it's four new tracks and then a bunch of live performances of old stuff. I haven't heard much about it. It's a shame his project with Dre never came to fruition.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Hearing em together, ya can't help but wonder what could've been...

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

DMX's first two albums basically changed rap for me for the rest of my life.

Nothing since has even earned 1% of my respect.

As for music as a whole.....the german version of "Aqua" by Barbie still ranks as funniest non-intentionally funny song I've ever heard.

Oh, and for me the top song from that decade= Under the Bridge from the RHCP.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, that rap visionary DMX. He truly changed the game with such masterpieces as the Ruff Ryders' Anthem, What These Bitches Want and Get It On The Floor.

Fuck Dre, Tupac, KRS-One and all those other hacks. It's DMX or die, motherfuckers!

5. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

You mean this version...

That's bizarre. And yet, I can't stop listening :p

6. schiezainc

:) That's not what I meant. I meant DMX was the last rap album I could tolerate. His stuff doesn't even come close to the people that really made the industry. I'm only saying that his first two albums were the last two in the genre I could listen to.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Liz Phair. They're putting out a 15th anniversary edition of Exile this year. I feel old.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Tell me you all never rocked out to these songs in the 90s...

(NSFW)

9. schiezainc

I have that on my iPod and can never listen to it without laughing my ass off. Like right now. ROFLMAO.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Want to see a strange visual on Liz Phair?

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Is she really that small? Or was there some kind of stage height thing going on there?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, a double dose of askjdfklqowiurwe

Draft saved Draft deleted