1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The '90s

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, it's no "Macarena." :p

"The Way" is what it is ... a great pop song. A hundred times better than the crap on the radio 11 years later.

2. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Wow...no mention of Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Radiohead, Mad Season, temple of the Dog, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, 311, Black Crowes, Beck, Beastie Boys, etc...

These guys ACTUALLY made GREAT classic album(s)...who gives a shit about hit songs...albums are what I buy!!!not songs...

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kar33m, all of those bands are fantastic. I just listed a few songs.

You're completely dead-on, though.

4. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Oh oops my bad, I thought you're talking about the 90's band...but yeah we got some nice hit songs as well.

I'll add "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry and "If You Could Only" by Tonic to the list. Great pop tunes, not cheesy either!

Matchbox Twenty, Collective Soul, Soul Asylum, just a few names I'd like to add for good pop-rock!

5. Songbird

Tennessee by Arrested Development (the album was sharp, too)

6. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Closing Time and Two Princes are both like stereotypical 90s songs in my eyes.

7. Songbird

That song by the Meat Puppets that played all hours of the day (circa 1995) defines Bennington for me.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hondo's favorite song from the 1990s:

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Early '90s ... before grunge took over.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Great tunes there!!!

oh yeah Xana...thanks to Kurt for introducing the Meat Puppets to the rest of us, eh... ;)

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If we're throwing out Better Than Ezra songs, you've got to mention "This Time of Year". Hard to listen to it and not feel 20 years old and carefree again.

And it got way overplayed, but "Hold My Hand" by Hootie and the Blowfish was damned catchy and one of the signature songs in that 1994-95 period. Not a bad album, either.

12. Songbird

From 3 Feet High and Rising ... De La Soul ... great album ...

Draft saved Draft deleted