1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 3rd SJ.Com Election Poll of 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2016.

?

As of today, which side gets your vote?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2016.
  1. Trump-Pence

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Clinton-Kaine

54 vote(s)
    63.5%
  3. Neither/third party

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Again, and please read this carefully because you don't seem to be able to grasp it: I can respect your right to make a decision without respecting the decision you ultimately make in a specific circumstance.

I've occasionally voted for Green Party candidates in local elections. However, I've never done such a thing in a circumstance in which doing so would work against the larger interests of my community.

Why couldn't both be at fault? Like in 2000 when Gore didn't perform as well as he should have and Ralph Nader/Green Party voters didn't consider seriously enough the potential consequences of their dumbass decisions?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In some places, leaving a blank space on a ballot makes it incomplete and disqualifies it. Do what I do when I can't decide or dislike all of the candidates, and write yourself in.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That is a logic borne of a slavish adherence to the two party system.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Read better. I just explained that I've voted for third-party candidates. It means I fully consider the consequences of my actions.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm voting Whig, since that was one of the two original major parties. Can't be taking chances on something new.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Are there still paper ballots? Isn't everything on the tablet with the stylus type pen? Only ever voted in NJ, but would've thought after the hanging chad fiasco there would be no more paper and pen ballots.

7. dixiehack

Scantron fill in the bubble ballots statewide here.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

With a pencil or pen? For real?

9. dixiehack

Pencil. I'm actually quite fine with it. The machines scan the ballots for a quick count, but if one doesn't register it's usually a simple enough task to examine it and discern the voter's intent.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Swingy/blue-ish state here. Right now, I'm voting neither but it's still early. And I have no hang-ups about that.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We have electronic touch screen machines, where you press a big red "VOTE" button at the end to cast your ballot. Last time I went, I think I missed one of the local races and it wouldn't register my ballot until I went back and filled it in.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You're voting for Hillary. 'Nuff said.

Draft saved Draft deleted