1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 3rd SJ.Com Election Poll of 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2016.

?

As of today, which side gets your vote?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2016.
  1. Trump-Pence

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Clinton-Kaine

54 vote(s)
    63.5%
  3. Neither/third party

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Same here, I guess. I respect the people, but not the vote.
    Then again, they're entitled to it. So, yeah, it's more fucked-up than ever!

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I should clarify to say I wouldn't respect the decision to avoid choosing between the only two people who could be the next president.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I was as angry as anyone at people who voted for Nader in 2000. But, like Gore then, Clinton has to earn the votes. I believe she has, and is the most qualified candidate. But I can only control my own vote.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. cranberry

Sure, that's her job, but it's still dumb to throw away your vote when there's such a clear distinction between the two people who could end up running the country the next four years.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There's a clear distinction between a kick in the face and a kick in the stomach, doesn't mean I have to choose between them.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It's a wasted vote in pretty much every election. Perot was the last one with a chance.

7. cranberry

You don't have to do anything, but that wouldn't make voting third party any less dumb.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

So we are locked into only voting for the two major parties? We can never do anything different? Go fuck yourself.

9. cranberry

Do what you want dumbass. Just don't expect me not to think or say it's a dumbass decision.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ask her Secret Service agents. I also hear Vince Foster changed his mind but didn't get the chance to tell anyone.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Your position is dumber than old tony posting a two month old poll. Why shouldn't I vote for the candidate that best reflects my political views?

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a strange place we're in, because I suspect that Gary Johnson would win a Trump-Johnson one-on-one election.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted