1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2021 Running NASCAR/IMSA/other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No In-N-Out on the East Coast ... at least that I know. Wasn't far enough out West when I was there to experience it.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yeah in the time it would take me to drive to SNS now, I can go down one more exit and have my choice of Freddy’s or Culver’s, both of which have hot, tasty food, superior ice cream and will get it out to me before my youngest graduates high school.

swingline likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Steak'N'Shake is awesome but makes me crap like a goose.

4. Sam Mills 51

Keselowski taps leader Joey Logano in backstretch on final lap, spins them both out. Michael McDowell is the Daytona 500 winner. (Who beat?)

Most unlikely since Trevor Bayne?

Too much Follow The Leader. For all the griping and chiding NASCAR fans give F1, restrictor-plate racing is just garbage. Sorry ... not trying to troll and didn't hate-watch. But it was really dull. Massive 16-car pileup before long rain delay ... nasty crash on final lap. Follow The Leader in between.

Neither racing nor a show.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

OK, am I imagining things, or did I see Keselowski get bumped by McDowell to set off that crash? It sure seemed like he was right up on his tail when the smash-up started.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What in the name of Derrike Cope ...

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Yeah, Cope was a stunner. No question.

But Bayne, at merely a decade ago, is much more recent.

maumann likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Yes, and no one bothered to mention it on the broadcast. When I mentioned it on Twitter, someone respectfully disagreed in my mentions, and I think a reasonable theory can be made that McDowell hit Keselowski because Keselowski had to check up behind a block from Logano but it sure looked to me that McDowell won a Daytona 500 because he ran over the car in front of him, who knocked the leader out of the way.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That is what they made it sound like on MRN. I also was listening while half asleep, so take it for what it’s worth.

10. Driftwood

Oddly enough, 62-year-old Derrike Cope was in this year's Daytona 500 while 29-year-old Trevor Bayne was not.

maumann likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Although McDowell did get back to the line first, that's what I hate about freezing the field at the time of caution on the last lap.
    Just punt the leader coming off turn two, and if you are in front when the light comes on, you win.
    NASCAR can't race the advertised distance to save its life. It's either extra laps or cut it short.

maumann likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What time did the race end?

Draft saved Draft deleted