1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2015 Moddy Mix - Going Modern

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Corey Taylor song on Modify is awesome. Will be in heavy rotation over the holidays.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

For a variety of reasons, I'm way behind at life this year but I hope to have this finished this weekend

3. Moderator1

This is ready, though I may add a few more tunes. There's 40 in there now, mostly clean. The semi not clean are at the bottom for easy skipping, with the worst being last.

4. Moderator1

I bulked this up a bit this morning on my walk, adding 24 more songs. Still only two X-raters and they're the last two.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm a bit cheap and don't know crap about Spotify, but I have heard of it and figure it isn't free. Two questions:

1) what's it cost? (I assume an annual fee like Amazon Prime)

2) can you download and burn playlists, or is that an extra fee per song?

I'm trying to start exercising and would love to get some motivating music. Theme from Rocky, etc. Don't laugh.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Spotify is free. Not sure what the normal subscription fee is for Spotify Premium, but until the end of the year it's a good deal (99 cents a month for your first three months).

I'm pretty sure you can create your own playlists with the basic version, it's just that you'll a.) hear some ads and b.) be responsible for your data usage.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Thanks wicked!

So, I gather you have to be connected to the Internet to listen to songs? The reason I ask is because I was wondering about putting the Moddy Mix on my iPhone for later playback (off the internet) or burn my own CD.

I suppose I could google this - any advice appreciated. Rough day. Woke up at 5 AM with my right big toe hurting - acute gout attack. And then had to drive 5 hours down I-66 and 81 on a painful foot. So, anyway, I can't think straight.

Merry Christmas to everyone from VB and his fucking toe.

8. Moderator1

If I can figure out Spotify, anyone can. I have unlimited data, so that wasn't a factor.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

See Chef about the toe.

HC and Vombatus like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If you get the premium version, Spotify says you can access the music anywhere -- even without Internet access. I haven't tried it. And feel better, sir.

11. Vombatus

Thanks again! I've got the app downloaded - just have to sign up and play with it today. Me and my toe thanks you and Moddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted