1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2015 Moddy Mix - Going Modern

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey all - I've finally joined the modern age and this year's mix will be online only. I had so many issues last year with blank copies and bad copies, etc., and it really frustrated me. So I wasn't sure I was going to do one at all this year.

Then my marvelous daughter-in-law turned me onto the wonders of Spotify. Or "the Spotify" as we've taken to calling it.

The mix will be a Spotify playlist that will be public. All you have to do is to go my page (MJHRVA) and follow it and hours and hours of holiday music will be available to you.

What's in there now is NOT complete. I will update this post when I have it ready, probably by the end of the week.

If you are not on Spotify, get with the program. You will thank me later.

I can go longer, I can save time by not burning discs (and then re-burning them) and I can save postage and we can all enjoy the same great mix of holiday tunes.

Your friend,

Moddy Claus

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

This excites me. Will you be putting previous years' songs on there as well?

3. Moderator1

Many of them, yes

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Have you put any songs on there yet? Spotify is telling me there's been no new activity from anyone I'm following.

5. I'm getting a message when I do this search "spotify:user:MJHRVA" in Spotify that "this user profile failed to load." Assume it's either because the list isn't public yet or because I don't know my way around Spotify very well. Any tips would be appreciated ... even if it's just that I need to wait until Moddy makes the official announcement!

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I just hopped onto the Spotify app for the first time in ages at the prompting of this and ... damn. It has a lot of stuff that I don't remember. I used it briefly when it first started (2011?) and wasn't impressed, so I just stuck to my iTunes catalog. I'm reconsidering that now.

Now to figure out how to access the playlist. (I think I followed Moddy, but I'm not sure.)

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Going Modern ... English?

I Melt With You would be a nice song on the mix.

8. Moderator1

Welllll - it might be because I'm an idiot and didn't use MJHRVA here. Try my actual name - Mike Harris - my picture is the same as my Facebook profile, two dogs. Let me know if that works and I'll adjust. I hope to have the list ready by this weekend.

9. Moderator1

JARED FROM SUBWAY!?!?!?

rico_the_redneck likes this.
  10. i heard this the other day and thought: Moddy Mix time of year

rico_the_redneck likes this.
  11. Moderator1

I see some of you have already followed, thank you for that. It is a LONG way from being done but you can follow along as additions and subtractions are made. Much of the work will be done over the weekend and I'll post again when it is final. I think this link takes you there

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Listening to my Moddy Mix 2009 right now. Such good stuff. Thanks, Moddy! Will try to find this year's on Spotify.

Draft saved Draft deleted