1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2015 British Open

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 13, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Speith and Johnson both 5-under through 9.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I want to see the scoring average; can anyone find this on the R&A's website?

3. "Hey Tiger, about that AARP card?"

All I've seen is the leaderboard, no highlights. Is he a total mess?

Lot of under-par rounds, though.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

David Lingmerth was -7 through 9 holes. And quite honestly, should have birdied all 9. Parred the par 5 on the front and the short 7th.
    29 on front. Then he shoots 40 on back.

That's getting you shot and stabbed in your daily games by your partners.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He bogyed the first two holes. I saw him bogey a par 5. Yeah, he was pretty much a mess.

The joy people take in it is odd, like they've won something. He has 14 major victories. By my count, he has to give back ... none of them.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

I mean, I get why people don't like him. But it's not like he's blowing a game in the bottom of the ninth here. He has 14 major victories. He doesn't have to give them back. You don't win now. He won.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No more odd than the joy people take when people they root for win something.

A lot of people root against Belichick and the Patriots. I don't find that odd, even though we know they're never going to have to give back their four Super Bowl trophies.

9. Dick Whitman

I think it's a little different, because the subtext of the anti-Tiger cheering is that he won't get to 18 majors, so he's somehow failed.

He has 14 major victories.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This could be fun. DJ 65, Day 66, Spieth and Oosty 67, Justin Rose and Luke Donald 68. Zach Johnson is -6 through 14. And .... John Daly -3 with three holes to play.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

People cheer against Tiger because he is an ass. An undeniable ass, who doesn't even have the balls to bully the people he hates. That's what Stevie and Steiny have been for. And yes, some of us don't want someone who has been a self-centered, dislikable robot to tie or surpass Jack Nicklaus, a man who was also an ass for a major part of his career, but also learned to mellow out in his later years. And Nicklaus would talk to the press. Tiger does it only when his brand benefits from it. I don't even care that he tossed his dick all over creation. That's his life and STDs, not mine. But even in the face of that - his personal life smashed by a sledgehammer - he still tried to be holier than thou. So fuck him. I hope he tosses 76s from now until eternity.

Gutter likes this.
  12. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Pretty soon they'll be showing him but not his score, like they did for Ben Crenshaw at this year's Masters.

Draft saved Draft deleted