1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2007 SJ Anyone-Can-Do-This Summer Novel--Beta Version

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Born to Run

Born to Run Member

"Just a sec, Walt," she said, realizing for the first time how madly erotic the smell of downtown Tirana was.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Listen," Walt said, "the pressroom guys don't have time for our crap anymore."

3. He dropped what appeared to be a glob of industrial strength spittle down one lapel and reached for the bag of Cheetos that was never far from him.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

His thoughts rattled in his head like a BB in an empty tuna can.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Why can't everyone see that he didn't do it," he yelled outloud, regretting it as soon as the USC Marching Band started practice in his hungover melon of a head. "He was innocent. Can't everyone leave him alone?"

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Did I just say that out loud?" he said out loud.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

"Christ," he added, "someone get a video camera. I'll tape myself proving it to everyone and link it on YouTube."

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

These delusions and outbursts and inappropriate episodes had persisted for years - a result, his doctor told him, of an excess of partially hydrogenated oils in his diet, and a deficiency of simple family love in his childhood

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

The grunting came from behind the third bathroom stall, and his loins began to tingle.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Suddenly, the door flew open -- this was no ordinary bathroom stall; rather, it one of those quarter-million buck fancy ones that allows occupants to stay inside for only a short time before the door opens to discourage man-sex in the can.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Good lord.....was that....it was.....Dan Patrick!

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Glenda, who could no longer countenance Walter's paranoid delusions and Cheeto-fueled hallucinations, reached across the desk and shook him, hard, saying "Snap out of it Walt, your're not in the men's room, you're in the office and Dan Patrick just walked in - or is it Dan Jenkins, I always get the two confused."

Draft saved Draft deleted