1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2004 Election -- More Coinkydinks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Gee, they've really started to pile up.
    http://www.rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alternet.org%2Fstory%2F58328%2F%3Fpage%3D1

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

3. Forgive me, but the ballots were destroyed? Contrary, apparently, to state law?
    By Ken Blackwell?
    Yes, you certainly have to believe in the Roswell landing to doubt his good faith.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Unless I read the story wrong, and I had to read it quickly, how was Blackwell at fault? It sounds like it was at the local levels.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fenian's time would be better spent preparing for our wonder victory against Eurasia, I mean Pakistan. We've always been fighting Pakistan.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Having worked a few elections nights in my life, I'm always surprised how slowly the tallying goes and why there isn't a single standard for ballots and ballot-counting. Sad to think we're behind Iraq on this one.

7. I read it too fast myself.
    Although 56 of 88 counties, while there's a federal lawsuit pending against old Ken, leads me to continue to believe that this wasn't Granny in Precinct 5 misplacing them while she fed her cat.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Gotcha, fair enough.
    I don't know, I can't get too excited about this. I was in a state that was decided by less than 1/10 of the margin of Ohio, had plenty of shenanigans on both sides, and no one talks about it. Probably because Kerry took the state (he lost the election, so no one cares about irregularities there. I'm not making a partisan comment, I swear!). But anyway, it makes me have a hard time getting excited about Ohio.

9. Oh, for Christ's sake.

Let's take a look at Wisconsin, then, shall we?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Let's do. I'm guessing they didn't destroy their ballots like Ohio did, opposing federal orders that said to preserve them.

11. Well, it sounds like the court order and the 22-month proviso roughly came at the same time. Some places did it, some didn't.

And I give the source site as much credibility as the lefties around here give to National Review and realclearpolitics.com. In other words, none.

12. Based on what we've seen from this administration, I wouldn't consider anything beyond belief.

Draft saved Draft deleted