1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That's hot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 21, 2011.

1. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Speaking from practical experience, if it's -35C and calm, you can be out and about outside safely as long as you dress warmly. If there's even a 10 mph wind, it's dangerous as hell to be out there.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Pretty sure climate's been changing since the planet's debut.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Well, you'd hate to help end that tradition...

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

105 degrees, nine months pregnant, 6 lbs baby in my vagina.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods it's been above 85 once I think this summer. We just had (another) week of clouds and rain. What is this thing called summer?

90 and 90 sucks but after 10 months of La Nina crap I'd take it for a day or two just to finally warm up.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's hot.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pretty sure man has been ruining the environment ever since he started tossing dinosaur ribs in the back of the cave.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm just about ready to pay Al Gore's air fare to my house.

9. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I've been in 100 in Vegas and know 90 in Louisiana well. I'll take the 100 in Vegas any day of the week. At least when you stand in the shade, it gets cooler. In humid hot, it just gets darker.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Out running errands. Every time I walk from one air-conditioned building to another, I'm reminded of the journey a pizza takes on one of those conveyor-belt ovens.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The A/C on the train I'm on is working but not well. Three cars have no A/C, including business class. I feel an occasional blast of cold air but the rest of the time it's more feeble. I was hoping for a deliciously cold train.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

100.3 in Central Virginia, heat index of 123 according to WeatherUnderground.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted