1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That's a mighty big allowance Junior has

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You know, when I was nine-years-old, 13, or whatever, I sure as hell didn't have the maximum $2,300 to give to presidential campaigns. And even if I DID have that kind of money sitting around, I wasn't giving it to anyone running for office. Some how, I don't think these kids REALLY are doing the same either.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/23/AR2007102301882.html?hpid=topnews

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A backdoor way of giving more money than allowed. No real surprise there.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This had been going on for years, but only when half a Black Man[/Sheffield] runs for President does anyone really care. It's nothing but a white woman's attempt to keep half a black man[/Sheffield] down. It's obvious that Senator Hillary Clinton is using her left wing media connections to embarrass Senator Barry Obama.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Big deal. All the big donors work as cluster donors (or something to that effect), where they're responsible for "delivering" a certain amount of donations from friends, family, etc. The Bush campaign called them "Rangers."

Of course, the campaign doesn't want bad pub:

From the article: Asked about the Williams family giving, Obama spokesman Bill Burton said, "As a policy, we don't take donations from anyone under the age of 15." After being asked by The Post about the matter, he said the children's donations will be returned.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Edited for accuracy.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would love to see the signature on the check... that's one loophole that both sides need to close -- quickly.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not much different than all the minimum-wage Chinese dishwashers in New York donating $2,300 a pop to Hillary.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's ok if Hillary does it though. But if any other Dem or GOP'er does it there's going to be hell to pay.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Damn right. Hillary Clinton is on a mission from god. The World owes Hillary Clinton the Presidency of the United States.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We have a deplorable politcal system.

The actual people running for President of the United States cheat, break laws, etc... and the reply is a shrug of the shoulders, and saying that "everybody does it".

This country is doomed for failure and we deserve it.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I tend to agree, but I also have a hard time faulting Obama or Edwards for taking bundled money, at least while they're still not taking PAC contributions.

They're at least trying to do better. And don't think it isn't hurting them -- especially with the unions.

Draft saved Draft deleted