1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That's a lot of Thin Mints....Girl Scout sells 17-thousand boxes of cookies.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, May 15, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And how many boxes of cookies did you sell? How many did you keep for yourself? :)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hell, cookies were only $2 and $2.50 in my five years. Fucking inflation.

3. Sam Mills 51

How much are they now? (As you might be able to tell, Girl Scouts are scared to approach me about a few boxes ... )

4. imjustagirl

I think they're $3.50. But some of them you only get like 12-14 cookies.

5. Sam Mills 51

Good grief ... fundraising is good. But at least offer the consumer something worthwhile for it. That much for that little? Yeesh.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Shoot, I was in Girl Scouts longer than that. I was a daisy, brownie, junior and senior girl scout for a total of 14 years.

I used to go into my dad's office and sell to all the sales people (he works in radio). They always said it was nice to be the buyer for once. I know now they were full of shit, but they always bought from me. I had one guy who always bought a case of cookies and kept them under his desk.

They renovated the offices this year, and I can't imagine what it was like to have to bring all those boxes out of there because he never eats an entire case in a year so they just build up.

And for the record, some Girl Scouts want to quit selling cookies. The palm oil in them is killing a natural rain forest in southern asia which is causing a species of orangutan to be endangered because it's natural habitat is going away. And I say good for them. Taking trans fat out of cookies is a good thing, but not if you're adding palm oil that's killing orangutans by taking away their environment.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

$3.50 is correct. I've learned my 3.50 multiplication table though.

8. Sam Mills 51

Given the way nutritionists and such can skillfully sub out ingredients, can't someone come up with a better alternative.

I side with the Girl Scouts and their stand against destruction of natural habitats - don't get me wrong - but as big a fundraiser as this is, I can't see the suits running the Scouts giving this up without a major fight.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

this just in, sources close to tom petty say -- fuck it, who am i kidding? -- spnited confirms that ijag was spotted on the grassy knoll in dallas.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But her liver is going on 42.

Oh ... Tagalongs and Thin Mints both rock.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Are Samoas the coconut ones?

Nothing ruins stuff like coconut.

12. imjustagirl

Speaking of which, I have some Hoegaarden and some Stella in my fridge. Whee!

Draft saved Draft deleted