1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That'll be about 10,000 Hail Marys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Aloha, Mr. Hand.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Claaaaaassic.

But come on. Dude, you play for Notre-fucking-Dame. How do you not pull reformed catholic school girl ass 24-7?

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Looks like he had hand.
    And he's going to need it.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He ain't getting kicked off the team. Fat Charlie will charge the cops with harassment and say we're giving the kid a hard time.

5. Mr. Headbutt reminded me of my favorite Hill Street Blues story arc.

[​IMG]

6. Mr. Headbutt reminded me of my favorite Hill Street Blues story arc.

[​IMG]

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Please do not hotlink their images, F_B. Thanks!

8. noodles

noodles Member

When the girls on Notre Dame's campus just won't do....

From Sunday's South Bend Tribune:

Derrell Hand, 20, a University of Notre Dame defensive end/nose tackle, was arrested and jailed Thursday afternoon for allegedly propositioning a prostitute.

Hand, who was suspended indefinitely from the team Friday, was released from the St. Joseph County Jail on $250 bond Thursday.

A junior from Philadelphia, Hand was expected to compete for a starting spot or to be a key reserve at defensive end, even though he had not seen action during his first two seasons at ND.

The Irish begin fall practice Monday and open the season Sept. 1 against Georgia Tech in Notre Dame Stadium.

Three other men were arrested Thursday along with Hand as part of a prostitution sting in the area of South Michigan and East Bowman streets.

Lt. Scott Ruszkowski, commander of the South Bend Police Department’s Neighborhood Enforcement Service Team, said the punishment if convicted depends on someone’s prior record.

“They’re Class A misdemeanors, as it stands right now, unless they have previous convictions, which we don’t know of now,” Ruszkowski said.

The men were arrested after contacting female police officers posing as prostitutes.

Whether those arrested in prostitution rings are high-profile or athletes doesn’t matter, said Ruszkowski, who added that he didn’t know Hand was a football player.

“It’s not relevant to us,” he said. “Everybody that was arrested, they were all adults.”

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Re: When the girls on Notre Dame's campus just won't do....

Touchdown Jesus couldn't be reached for comment.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Re: When the girls on Notre Dame's campus just won't do....

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/45244/

Oh, yeah ... Aloha, Mr. Hand.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You ever been to South Bend? If I was a student there I'd probably pay for it too.

One of the greatest quotes ever to appear in a newspaper came from the ND student body president when the campus went dry years ago.

"They expect us to date these women and not drink?"

Draft saved Draft deleted