1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That was really weird...Now with bright, shiny updates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: That was really weird...

you know ba-by, the fellas and i were talking about this situation on the board, and write-brained said ...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're fucked.

Sorry. But I've had those sudden ending convos, and nothing good ever happened afterward.

The weirdest sudden ending that ever happened to me occured when I was in the passenger seat of a car driven by a girl I really liked. We were going to one of her softball games and I was really thinking I was getting somewhere. We drove by a rest stop that was famous for being a prostitute dumpoff zone, if you get my drift, and I made some crack about that.

I guess she thought I was a complete fucking prostitute-killing psycho or something, or she'd been a murdered prostitute in another life, because she went cold on me right away. We drove home after the game in relative silence, she dropped me off at home and never returned another one of my phone calls. And somewhere, I'm sure, she still has the VHS copy of "St. Elmo's Fire" I loaned her. NO ANDREW MCCARTHY LEAVES THIS HOUSE!!!!

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how fucking odd. does this happen to you often? ;D

really, you're among friends, do tell.

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Son, if you're going to play that card, being older should make you wise enough to know not to start threads like this on SportsJournalists.com. In the end, nobody truly cares and you're going to do what you do regardless. It's just funny to have them, or maybe you feel tight or something.

In my case, she got her phone fixed, I stopped being a bitch, called her up, asked her out, she said yes and it's a done deal tomorrow night. Did I really wanna come to this site, type up a detailed, 300-word explanation and deal with internet co-workers calling bullshit?

No, so I asked Ragu to lock my thread earlier this morning.

I suggest, unless you feel REAL cool right now, you do the same.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

don't hate on snuka, CR. that ain't right.

6. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

No hate at all, but if a dude wants to put me on blast, he's doing it in real life, to my face, or he's the dumbest kid that ever lived.

I support him pursuing the girl of his dreams, by the way. I'm sure she was just tired.

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Do you remember what you said right before she said, "Hey, can I call you back tomorrow?"

It might not be a big deal. Hell, I was out with this girl... been out with her a few times... then I made a wisecrack about being bulimic. She got real quiet. Yeah, turns out she used to be. Oops.

Another girl: We were talking about attending a upcoming wedding. I was friends with the bride and pissed she was marrying this guy. He cheated on her when they dated and I was salty she took the douche bag back. Well, this girl got real quiet. Yeah, turns out I found out she was in her 20s and divorced becuase she cheated on her husband. Since she felt so guilty she divorced him. She then tells me she's still in love with him.

Uh... wow, I've dated some fucked up women.

Anyway, maybe you said something that triggered it. :)

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

20 minutes.....BYH says the phone sex people hang up on him after 2.

I keed......I keed.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the bright side, you did get rid of any trace you owned of Mare Winningham....

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Weird. Same exact thing happened to me when I tried to grope a girl on the first date -- except the authorities were involved.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Put you on blast? Seriously?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Word.

Draft saved Draft deleted