1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That was quick: Joe Hardy files for divorce

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Joe Hardy files for divorce

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Joe Hardy, the founder of 84 Lumber Co. and a Fayette County commissioner, has filed for divorce from Kristin Georgi, 23, his third wife.
    Mr. Hardy, 84, filed Monday for the divorce, according to the Uniontown Herald Standard newspaper. The court papers cited irreconcilable differences.
    The couple were married May 5 in Las Vegas.

Hardy's first divorce cost him big-time money.
    Hardy loves to spend. He built Nemocolin(Sp?) Woods resort and had a HUGE mansion home that he recently put on the market.
    At Hardy's birthday bash this year - he had Christina Aguilera(Sp?) and Robin Williams perform.
    The man lives life to fullest. His soon-to-be-ex, I believe is former high school cheerleader.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No wonder his company sponsors John Daly.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wife No. 3 was also a sweet young thing. He offered to set her up in a business, and she wanted a Dairy Queen type place in her home town of Bentleyville, Pa. It's still there: "Deb's Delight."

4. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Since this thread is useless without pictures:

[​IMG]

High Five!

5. Do you mean wife number two? I thought his second wife was a former secratary, from Mullens, W.Va, that he got pregnant?
    If you are talking about No. 3, why is it called Deb's Delight?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wonder what his father Fenton and brother Frank think!

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I guess he's Jeff Spicoli because he sure would have blown his reward money for saving Brooke Shields from drowning by having Van Halen play at his birthday party.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Evil, you said she's a former high school cheerleader.
    So, when they met, only 3 years removed from that.

For some reason, that makes me laugh out loud.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He certainly has an attractive bank account, I'll say that for him.

10. I'm pretty sure I read that in the P-G a few weeks back. They were trying to get info on Hardy's marriage and the bride and they ended up interviewing her high school friends.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Ace, you are soooo old.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I hear Nancy Drew remains available.

Draft saved Draft deleted