1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That quirky thing about yourself that no one knows...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Doesn't everyone talk to dogs like they are humans? The Bob Dylan voice thing is weird, although can't possibly be as annoying as those who use baby talk.

I don't think talking to my horses like they are humans is a quirk, either.

This goes beyond quirk and anyone who knows me IRL knows this - I hate human babies.

(The best was when my horse trainer told me she was pregnant. After telling me that nothing was going to change - which was funny enough all by itself - she said "Don't worry, you'll never have to touch it.")

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Nope.

Wouldn't want them to drink milk either. Many people are idiots and can't stop the milk mustache. And that grosses me out.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One of which you keep in a jar on your nightstand.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I drive two blocks out of my way to get to my apartment complex because that route has nicer houses and it makes me feel better about where I live.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went to an open mike in 1997 and destroyed by doing three minutes of Droopy the Dog. The owner of the comedy club then invited me to an amateur contest and I finished third without uttering a single word in my regular voice.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've heard your regular voice. Doing the character was a wise call. :D

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Funniest line this week.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I had my gall bladder out earlier this year, but like George Jones and Tammy Wynette, I'm gonna hooooooolllllllld on.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Wishful thinking, Bubbler. Every few months, your digestive system is going to say "Fuck it," and you're going to have a busy day.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I feel compelled to say hello to every bird I see on my drive to work. Out loud.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

To pile on the bowel movement topics, I will drive across town to take a load off at my own place so I can avoid dropping a deuce at a friend's/in-law's place. I even would leave my girlfriend's (before I upgraded her status) to drop a load. If I can't drive home and can't hold it, then all bets are off. And you better have a plunger on hand.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I say hello to every raptor I see flying. "Hello, Mr. Hawk!"

I also talk to humans like they are dogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted