1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That quirky thing about yourself that no one knows...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...but about which you are happy.

What the hell am I talking about?

I have no taste for chocolate. Never crave it, can look at it and not want any. Comes in handy when you are on a diet, and your wife wants something sweet for desert.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. What is your secret quirk?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm 21 on SportsJournalists.com.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So many to choose from. I'll start with a tame one: I'm a recovering teen soap addict. I've seen every episode of My So-Called Life, Dawson's Creek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, most of Gilmore Girls, The O.C. and One Tree Hill and about half of Beverly Hills, 90210 (the original only). I don't watch any of the new ones and rarely will Netflix one of those. And I don't admit it to people I know in real life, even when they're having a conversation about a show. It drives me fucking crazy when they say something incorrect, though. (Buffy and So-Called are exceptions to that rule. They're just great shows.)

Second one: I've masturbated while watching all those shows except So-Called, which was too good to waste and less explicit anyway.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I have to pop my fingers in the same order every time. Say I pop my right thumb first, then it goes pointer finger, middle, ring, pinkie ... and the reverse for my left hand. I don't know why that is.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Probably more OCD than quirky, but I cannot stand to do chores "partially". I can't mow the front yard only, or mow without trimming and edging. When I wash my car, I can't just wash it - I have to wash it, vacuum the inside, clean the windows inside and out, etc. I can't vacuum one room of the house - I have to vacuum all the rooms both upstairs and downstairs. If a ceiling fan is the only dusty thing in a room, I still have to dust everything in the room and not just the ceiling fan.

If I'm mowing and it starts raining or something so I can only do half of the job, it's to the point where it would keep me from sleeping that night.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I absolutely abhor taking a dump in public places.

Be it my office, at a game, etc. I've worked at my current shop for eight years and I doubt I've taken eight dumps in the building over that whole time.

My home or my hotel room on a road trip ... that's where I shit. And some of those hotel rooms are even borderline.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How old are you in real life?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My memory is otherwise unremarkable except I can remember really stupid trivia, like Tedd from HIMYM once had a spot on Law and Order, testifying under the scrutiny of Jack McCoy.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

We may need to revive the home bowl syndrome thread from two years ago ...

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

When at work at night, I go up a few floors in the building to advertising to take a dump. There's no one on the floor, and the cleaning crew comes after they've all gone home so the bathroom is clean and private.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

In the rare times I do take a shit at work, I never do it on the floor my office is on.

I need to do a hard-target search of my office to find that elusive bathroom you've found.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I ONLY take a dump in public places. And spectators must be present. The greener the grass, the more I spread my ass.

Also, I read at least one book per week. Oftentimes two.

YGBFKM just chimed in and said I can't pronounce anything correctly. He says I have a giant vocabulary and obsession with words, yet I can't actually speak.

And I am incapable of screwing lids back on anything correctly, apparently.

"Drives me fucking crazy." - YG

This has been fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted