1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That Miami Heat winning streak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

C'mon JC, we don't need Christine Brennan coming on here telling us what neanderthals we are. We already know that.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Actually, I was just asking if there's a longer current active winning streak anywhere.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Longest streak? Christine Brennan hasn't had an orgasm since they stopped making Dry Cell batteries in 1997

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Whoops!

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The 1970-'71 Bucks had separate winning streaks of 20 and 16 in the same season.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That link is great. I forgot how quick Oscar Robertson was before age and injuries slowed him a couple years later. You can find the links, too, to the early segments of the game.

I forgot about a lot of the old rules. Before the bonus, fouls were one-shot fouls. In the bonus there was 3 to make 2. And who remembers the old backcourt foul rule?

I also noticed Dandridge shooting and making two free throws in less time than it takes anyone to shoot one free throw now.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Indiana is the worst team in college basketball, too.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

With the streak over, it's always great to bring back the incredible line from the late Mal Florence of the L.A. Times.

The morning after the Bucks beat the Lakers in Milwaukee to end the 33-game run, Mal is coming out of the hotel the Lakers were staying, carrying his suitcase.

Coach Bill Sharman says, “Mal, where are you going? We have another game."

Mal keeps walking, then stopped, turned and says, "Bill, I don’t cover losers."

Meanwhile, in the what-are-they-thinking move of the night, as I stop at SportsCenter for the first time in about six months, they provide the sports fronts in Miami and Chicago with the streak over, and there's the dreaded headline in the Chicago Sun-Times:

Happy Ending

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's a cute story, but it doesn't make much sense. The Lakers lost to the Bucks on a Sunday, then played at Detroit on a Tuesday. Wouldn't they all have been packing up to leave? Did Florence travel with the team?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yep.

Draft saved Draft deleted