1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That Miami Heat winning streak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like that they care about the streak. Because if that streak wasn't going, I'm guessing there is no way we see a comeback like we did last night...

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The last time a sports streak reached this long, they made a movie about it.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No one can argue this streak isn't good for the NBA ... the TBJ guys made the point the other day that everyone but the most die hards of die hards lose interest in the mid-March lull with the NCAA tournament starting and the playoffs still a month away. Heat have people talking, so that's a good thing.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Here's the end of the Lakers' streak against the Bucks.

We know the other lengthy streaks -- that Houston one is still crazy and incredibly impressive -- but there are some other teams that put together two long streaks interrupted by one loss.

The 2000 Lakers had a seven-game streak, lost, then won 16 in a row. Later that year, they won 19 in a row, lost and then won 11 in a row.

And the '96 Bulls won 13 in a row, lost, and then won the next 18. I think dreu's right that the loss will come when they fall behind by double-digits, make a bit of a run but finally run out of gas.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Also, along with the Heat, the Nuggets have a pretty impressive streak going at 13 in a row. My hope is they get the 3rd seed, beat Golden State or Houston in an entertaining first round series, and play OKC in the second round. The OKC-Denver games have been great fun the past couple years. The East playoffs are basically a done deal, but the West playoffs should be really good throughout.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Heat plays in San Antonio on March 31 to end a four-game, seven-night trip. You figure Spoelstra has already scheduled LeBron, Wade and Bosh to head home and skip that game to rest up.

7. Mizzougrad96

I could see the streak ending in Chicago. I hope it doesn't because that would be a great matchup in San Antonio.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Miami will have to get a little more bench production to beat the Laker record. The Heat got nothing from its bench Monday (the Celts built a 17-point lead in the second quarter, the starters caught up and the bench put Miami 13 down with nine minutes left). Twice in three nights, it's been pedal to the metal on the road. It may catch up at an inopportune time.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If Miami gets through the San Antonio game with the streak intact they may run the season. Their three road games after that are Charlotte, Washington and Cleveland. One thing this streak demonstrates is that the NBA West has a lot more good teams.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anybody check to see what Queef Van Horn thinks of the streak?

11. Mizzougrad96

I can't stand the Heat or LeBron, but I want this streak to continue...

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Here's Lowe on how the Heat have become such an offensive juggernaut this year: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9098417/how-miami-heat-went-historic-winning-streak-came-dominate-league.

Draft saved Draft deleted