1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That last episode of M*A*S*H must have been a mutha

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnoopyBoy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The schtick never got tiresome to me. Some had labeled the show sanctimonious. But not all shows revolved around Hawkeye. If anything, take a look at how Winchester's character largely came full circle the last few seasons. Sure, he was still smarmy and holier-than-thou, but David Ogden Stiers' character showed signs of getting it. Klinger's crusade for a Section 8 slowed to a crawl, Mulcahy was trying to come up with something worthwhile, Houlihan was worrying about something more than her military ways and sordid love life and Potter was trying to make amends for spending three wars away from Mildred.

Is that ALL Hawkeye-centric?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. But instead of an ensemble cast, as they evolved, they were still peripheral players to Alda at the show's core.
    Give me trapper and Henry Blake and I'll watch. After that, not so much.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

They have your answer right here.

4. What the hell is that, Henry?

5. jobu

jobu Member

AfterMASH, the short-lived spin-off.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0084969/

6. Wow, I have absolutely no recollection of that.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Whatever.

He was great from the moment he walked on that set till the second he was looking at Beej's stones on the ground from the helicopter.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Quick triviajack; What did the stones say?

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Farewell??

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Goodbye

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

ding ding

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's misleading... Back when the MASH finale aired, most people only had a handful of channels they could watch and there was no internet...

It's still an incredible number, but if the MASH finale were to be on today, it would be lucky to get half the number they did 25 years ago...

Draft saved Draft deleted