1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That crappy ARod

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

0 for 4, including a strikeout with the bases loaded. Well done, O King of the Clutch.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As stated elsewhere:
    The Yankees had 3-batters go 0-4, Sheffield, A-Rod and Cano. The only one anyone will remember is A-Rod.

The Yankees had 4-opportunities with runners in scoring position in which they failed to capitalize. The batters were Sheffield, A-Rod, Jeter and Cano. The only one anyone will remember is A-Rod.

Thank you for proving me right.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gosh, Pastor, get with the program. Isn't it obvious that if they'd never traded for that useless Hall of Famer the Yankees would've been undefeated the last three years?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This thread, started by pube, is about A-ROD and A-Rod only. I saw your post on the other thread, which is why I posted it here.

EDIT: And to put a finer point on it, A-Rod is the only player, of the ones you mentioned, who's making $25 million per season. It would help if he realized the season doesn't end the first few days of October.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm intentionally not getting involved, here, until the show's over and all the precincts have
    reported.

Observing, of course, with keen interest.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That's right and Sheffield's barely getting by on the league minimum.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sheffield's still coming back from the injury. He has an excuse. And he has come through in the postseason prior to today, as has Jeter. Can't say that about A-Rod.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A-Rod is also responsible for Jeter's throwing error, which could have hurt Sheffield. Mr. October never does any wrong.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He's not a .300 hitter after the 1-for-8 showing he's had this year. :D

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Columbo, you've been listening way too much of Miss Cleo.

When he went 0-3, I couldn't maintain my laughter in the car listening to it on radio. When he went 0-4, I just lost it.

Face it, he isn't good in the postseason, regardless of what the excuses is. He's not that good in big games or games that have major significance.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If you are going to bring up Sheffield's prior numbers and World Series ring, why is it unfair to bring up A-Rod's?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not his fault, but when Sheff and Cano are going Ofer, isn't that the time the world's greatest baseball player should come through with more than his Ofer with 3Ks?

Draft saved Draft deleted