1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That (bleeping) dress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I want this black and blue puppy

[​IMG]

sostartled and YankeeFan like this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Weird. I clicked on the thread like an hour ago and there was no doubt it was white and gold (maybe pewter). I just reopened it and it looks like a totally different picture to me. Blue and black.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I've seen articles supporting different reasons WHY people perceive the dress differently. Then I thought about it and remembered that white is the opposite of black and yellow the opposite of blue. So I made a color negative of the photo.

It may be that the weak colors of the original (which is on the right) and the washed-out background make some people think it's white and gold. Other than that, I have no explanation.

And, goddamit, the original is blue and black.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edit: My sister just told me she thinks the original photo is of a blue dress with *gold* lace and the negative is a gold dress with white lace.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's my grandmother's good tablecloth. From 1967.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So someone made a cloth that changes colors in different kinds of lighting. Who the fuck cares?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless with pics.

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

it's a shitty photo is what it is. back-lit. not white balanced. We need to publicly shame the photographer.

HC and sostartled like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All this fuss over something made for a 6 ...

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I see it as light blue and goldish brown ... seriously.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What the fuck just happened?!

I looked at it last night, and it was white and brown/gold.

I left tabs open with the deadspin, gawker, and tumbler pages loaded. Just went to close them, and the dress is clearly black and blue; unmistakeably black and blue.

I thought one of the pages had switched the picture, but it now looks the same on all three pages.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think it's see-through.

JackReacher likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They just put it up on Morning Joe. Looked black and blue to me. The panel on set was split. But, I guess they must have shown it earlier, because Mika said "it just changed" and now sees it as black and blue, and she's very confused by this.

Draft saved Draft deleted