1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving menu: turkey, cranberries and anal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 19, 2012.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Speaking of anal, which is the better turkey stuffing method....

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I'm going to my sister's house, which has its own level of hijinks. One year, my niece, who was 16 at the time, had a meltdown because she was given regular vanilla, not French vanilla ice cream with her pie.

Last year, the brother-in-law deep-fried a turkey and made a miscalculation of some sort. My sister came out and said, "um, we don't have a turkey." Apparently it was deep-fried, all the way through, to a crisp. So we ate everything else and I pronounced "Our First Vegan Thanksgiving" a success.

Then I go to work and put out the paper. It's a tradition.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm a seasonal loser and decorate everything. WAY TOO MUCH. I was at Michaels this morning because it was just imperative I have an arsenal of candle shit. Anyway, I'm standing in the checkout line and the manager (who is a GINGER) comes over and says, "The line at register ten is shorter." We all glance over. It appears to be about the same length as the one we're standing in. The lady in front of me says, "Looks like ours," or something to that effect. The manager responds, "It's two people shorter, if you understood statistics."

Happy Holidays!!!

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I work the rest of the week, so wife cooked Turkey Day last night. The first with our 6-week old son.
    We had a turkey breast still on the bone; mashed taters, turkey gravy with stuffing along with sweet potato pie and corn muffins, using the recipe from Famous Dave's.
    Basic and good...plus, still got to watch football and fall asleep with my pants off on the couch...so just like Thanksgiving!

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

6. Gym in the morning then Chinese food in front of the TV while I watch football. My wife is going with my kids to my brother's house for dinner. Later beers and live music with my oldest daughter. Life of the separated guy.

Best Thanksgiving ever.

No anal.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

RIP Lou. Damnit.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

this. well said, dixie. well said.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Thanks. It WAS another life. :)

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is there a verdict yet on whether the Margaret and Helen blog is real?

http://margaretandhelen.com/2012/11/19/thanksgiving-letter-to-the-family-2012/

3. Cloe, last year we were at Trudy’s house and I looked the other way when your Jell-O salad showed up. This year, if Jell-O salad comes in the front door it will go right back out the back door with the garbage. Save yourself some time honey. You’ve never been a good cook and you shouldn’t bring something that wiggles more than you. Buy something from the HEB bakery.

5. I cook with bacon and bacon grease. That’s nothing new. Your being a vegetarian doesn’t change the fact that stuffing without bacon is like egg salad without eggs. Even the green bean casserole has a little bacon grease in it. That’s why it tastes so good. Not eating bacon is just not natural. And as far as being healthy… look at me. I’ve outlived almost everyone I know.

11. Words mean things. I say what I mean. Let me repeat: You don’t need to bring anything means you don’t need to bring anything. And if I did tell you to bring something, bring it in the quantity I said. Really. This doesn’t have to be difficult.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Always love American Thanksgiving.

Means two days without a phone call from south of the border or, as one of my customers said, "boarder"

I also had someone refer to a "mute point"

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What the fuck is with oyster stuffing? Oysters don't belong anywhere near a Thanksgiving Day spread. Fuck oysters, and God Bless America!

Draft saved Draft deleted