1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving menu: turkey, cranberries and anal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Congrats on the new niece!

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. Third niece (to go with four nephews). All but two nephews will be there Thursday and the weather will be spectacular, so it'll be a fun day, though the beagle might not think so with everyone pulling on his ears.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I will tell my mother-in-law how wonderful the cold mashed potatoes are for the 27th consecutive year.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings can say whatever they want, whenever they want.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm going to my in-laws, so I don't have to do squat for Thanksgiving.

I know what's going to happen though. Someone's going to make this bean casserole and/or macaroni casserole that I really don't care for. Then I'm going to get stared at for not eating it.

But I'm still not eating it.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Going with my new wife to her grandma's about 45 minutes away in the big city.

It's kinda cool, actually. All four of my grandparents died when I was young, as did my father. I wasn't close to my mother, either in heart or distance, but now I have a father-in-law, mother-in-law and grandmother. Not used to being around older folks, but they seem to like me.

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Wow, it seems your world has changed drastically from when you posted here in another life. Very happy for you.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Going to my sister's, with the usual drama of whether my other sister will be there and how we will get my dad down there (in spirit and body). It always works out. Lots of niece / nephews, who are actually turning into little people. One about to graduate college, two about to enter.

My sister usually cooks up a storm; this year she doesn't have as much time, so she told me not to expect as much. I still imagine she will go nuts. She can't help herself. I want to help, but V and I don't eat traditional thanksgiving types of food, and V grew up without Thanksgiving, so she could take it or leave it, so even though my cooking generally goes over well, it is hard to find things in my repertoire that fit. Last year we brought a bunch of things, and the thing that went over best -- and this struck me as crazy as a Thanksgiving dish -- was V's quiche. So she'll repeat that. I may do a squash dish with butter and sage. And I always do a bunch of dips that people can snack on before we eat: quacamole, babaganoush and hummus made from scratch. So I will do those tomorrow to prepare. Again, not quite thanksgiving food, but people seem to like them.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm highly disappointed in the thread title, and subsequent posts.

Everybody knows that sweet potatoes, not cranberries, are the third ingredients of Thanksgiving.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted